Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi everyone. The question is - are there any ways of using my configuration without Whatevergreen kext and without bugs?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Intel Core i7 9700k
UHD630

You know, I can use my hackintosh without this kext, everything is OK, but some sites (imdb.com, for example) freezes Safari and other browsers when surfing them. I deleted whatevergreen and used GFX0-IGPU patch and -disablegfxfirmware bootarg. As far as I know, Intel UHD630 is native for MacOS, so, I think, there should be the way to use it without any 3dparty solutions.

Btw, I use MacMini8,1 for my configuration.

As far as I know, Intel UHD630 is native for MacOS, so, I think, there should be the way to use it without any 3dparty solutions.

@kudlovich,

It is possible to use just clover settings to initialise a IGPU by means of Inject Intel, ig-platfrom-id and FakeID (if needed), however since Mojave it is not possible to patch the framebuffer via clovers kexts to patch, so if anything in the framebuffer needs additional patching then your in trouble.

The most common issue is the that a framebuffers defined connectors do mach the physical connector types on your motherboard :-

Luckily WEG does support dynamic on-the-fly patching of the framebuffer in Mojave & Catalina.

The only other method would be to statically alter the framebuffer with a hex editor and inject it, however this will cause major issues with SIP and of course would need to be re done after each mac os update so really not worth the trouble.

Cheers
Jay

Then why not to do that through DSDT or SSDT?

@kudlovich,

DSDT and SSDT can only effect static IOREG entries, they can not effect certain elements of the framebuffers that are dynamically created when the driver kexts load, they must be patched whilst running in memory, only WEG can do that.

Cheers
Jay

@kudlovich,

DSDT and SSDT can only effect static IOREG entries, they can not effect certain elements of the framebuffers that are dynamically created when the driver kexts load, they must be patched whilst running in memory, only WEG can do that.

Cheers
Jay
Thank you for interpretation) One more question - native mac's with only UHD630 - how do they work without patching frames? Just because of right connectors?

Hi everyone. The question is - are there any ways of using my configuration without Whatevergreen kext and without bugs?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Intel Core i7 9700k
UHD630

You know, I can use my hackintosh without this kext, everything is OK, but some sites (imdb.com, for example) freezes Safari and other browsers when surfing them. I deleted whatevergreen and used GFX0-IGPU patch and -disablegfxfirmware bootarg. As far as I know, Intel UHD630 is native for MacOS, so, I think, there should be the way to use it without any 3dparty solutions.

Btw, I use MacMini8,1 for my configuration.

Property injection can be done with DSDT/SSDT, like this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-radeon-rx-vega-64.240252/page-4#post-1698037 . Give it a try.

Property injection can be done with DSDT/SSDT

@ydeng & @kudlovich,

As stated above, DSDT and SSDT can only inject static IOREG tree entries (device properties) as they are only processed once by the boot loader prior to loading MacOS. Any dynamic patches that are needed after a kext, App or frameworks has been loaded can only be patched in memory by WEG.

As to what method you use, it is entirely up to you, if you only need to set a framebuffer name/type then using Clover or SSDT is fine, more complex patching may require on-the-fly (IE: In Memory) patching which needs to be done by WEG, examples of these types of patches are the new DRM enabling methods using the shikigva= boot argument and the pixel clock patch (-cdfon) which is required for a IGPU to drive a 4K display.

It all depends on how compatible your hardware is and what you need to patch.

The idea with WEG is that it can do everything, from simple ACPI Device Renames and setting Device Properties to complex in memory kext and app patching.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back