Contribute
Register

WhateverGreen and purple lines? HDMI black screen on Vega 64. DP works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Running at 4K@60

Another user suggested I ask in a dedicated thread for whatevergreen but I could not find one. Specifically, they said that if whatever green is working I should not see purple lines.

Thread is here.

Vega64 with DP works except I get occasional drops to black screen which machine continues to function. ssh, etc.

Nothing I do can make HDMI work. It boots to apple logo, loading progresses, horizontal purple lines and then black screen. I can ssh in.

I have updated whatevergreen to 1.3.1 and lilu to 1.3.8 with no change.

HDMI 2.0 cable is a known good cable from another hackintosh with rx480. I have also tested with running windows 3d games at 4K with the Vega 64.

Attachments

• EssentialsList-2019-09-04 08.23.42.zip
    593.2 KB · Views: 63
Take a look here - for instructions on how to prepare a set of files that will help troubleshooting this
and here for guidance on whatevergreen

Running at 4K@60

Another user suggested I ask in a dedicated thread for whatevergreen but I could not find one. Specifically, they said that if whatever green is working I should not see purple lines.

Thread is here.

Vega64 with DP works except I get occasional drops to black screen which machine continues to function. ssh, etc.

Nothing I do can make HDMI work. It boots to apple logo, loading progresses, horizontal purple lines and then black screen. I can ssh in.

I have updated whatevergreen to 1.3.1 and lilu to 1.3.8 with no change.

HDMI 2.0 cable is a known good cable from another hackintosh with rx480. I have also tested with running windows 3d games at 4K with the Vega 64.

I would not mind the purple lines since they are there on my real Mac with EGPU.

I used to get blk screens I found that it was related to XMP so I disabled it and I manually selected the clock speed for the memory. But I am not sure if your problem was the same as my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back