Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing with the idea of making a hackintosh for work(music production) for a while now. My 4 year old macbook pro is starting to slow down on me when I'm working with bigger music files and I'd rather just have a dedicated computer for beat making and music editing and mixing anyway. So I went through the pieces here and checked them all on PC part finder but I was hoping to see if the community would have any other suggestions for me. I'll also be doing some video editing, photo editing and dual boot with windows for the ocassional gaming as well on the PC.

This is my parts list.

Power Supply
EVGA 450 BT, 80+ Bronze 450W

Cooler
CRYORIG H7 Tower Cooler

Memory
Ballistix Elite 16GB Kit (8GBx2)

Processor
Intel Core i5 7600

Mother Board
Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3P

Storage
HDD
(Old Model) Seagate 1TB Desktop HDD
SSD
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD

Graphics Card
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5

Case
Corsair Carbide Series 100R Mid Tower Case

This is my first time building a PC of any kind ever so any help/information would be greatly appreciated espeically from those of you who have built a hackintosh for music production.

At first your RAM is faster than your chosen motherboard can work with and I think the CPU-cooler is kind of an overkill if you do not plan to overclock your processor.

At first your RAM is faster than your chosen motherboard can work with and I think the CPU-cooler is kind of an overkill if you do not plan to overclock your processor.
When you say it's faster what do you mean? I'm new to all of this. I was also recommended by a friend to get a good cooler just to make sure that my CPU stayed cool because I'd be dual booting windows for gaming as well.

When you say it's faster what do you mean? I'm new to all of this. I was also recommended by a friend to get a good cooler just to make sure that my CPU stayed cool because I'd be dual booting windows for gaming as well.

I think what he/she means is that you are intending to buy RAM whose speed your motherboard does not support, meaning that it is a waste of money. You should choose slower and cheaper RAM (2133 or 2400).

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back