Contribute
Register

What Would Final Cut Pro benefit more from? CPU or GPU?

What Would Final Cut Pro benefit more from? CPU or GPU?

• Intel Core i5-8600K

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intel Core i-8700

• Intel Core i-8700K

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I plan on getting the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB for 4K editing on Final Cut Pro, with the Intel Core i5-8600K and OC to save $$$. I was wondering if I'm better off with the higher powered GPU and the non-HT i5, or if I should just got for i7-8700 minimum?

Wasn't sure if Final Cut Pro would benefit more from the GPU or the CPU and if the HT would make more of a difference.

Might want to look at this https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202239 .. and of course some things are done on the cpu and some things like graphics, some filters , transitions and encoding can be offloaded to the GPU.. ideally you get a nice graphics card and a decent gpu, both really help with over all system usage as well. I know that really didnt answer the one or the other questions but if you're going into video editing the system really needs a ssd, a lot of ram, the best cpu and gpu you can afford.

I think getting both internal and external GPU working together helps the most. This seems easier now with the lastest Lilu and whatevergreen kexts.

Please before you buy an external EGPU read up on what programs are actively using it. I know most of the BlackMagic stuff Resolve etc supports this, Adobe Premiere doesn't really take advantage of it yet and not sure yet the performance boost with Final Cut.

Please before you buy an external EGPU read up on what programs are actively using it. I know most of the BlackMagic stuff Resolve etc supports this, Adobe Premiere doesn't really take advantage of it yet and not sure yet the performance boost with Final Cut.
I misspoke, should have said having a dedicated GPU and integrated GPU (one in the chip). I do not have any experience with a eGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back