Contribute
Register

What Will Apple Unveil at WWDC 2018 Keynote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they don't abandon Intel so we can stay & enjoy building our hackintoshs by using this great forum tutorials.

Seconded. 6 cores for the 15" and 4 cores for 13" would be great! I still don't get how they haven't put 4 cores in the 13" model by now...

Because of battery. 13" MBP are much better than 15" ones as far as concerns battery life.
I have right now a 15" rMBP w/TouchID & TouchBar and with the next one I'll come back to 13" for sure. gfxCardStatus helps a bit but the CPU consumes to much also at idle.

16GB are enough for a laptop. For big project you must use a desktop computer for several reasons (battery, temperatures, display size).

I wish they don't abandon Intel so we can stay & enjoy building our hackintoshs by using this great forum tutorials.

Honestly, the hackintosh community has created a huge hype for Apple, most of those using a hack are also buying iPhones.
By the looks of things if this trend continues we could become a huge chunk of the pie, more and more people are looking for alternatives for windows, and also at least half of the hackintosh users also buy a mac at some point, or even they already have a mac and just want a gaming PC but still want to keep a mac OS.

Considering how Windows is almost always pirated and being used "illegally" the sheer fact that its the default platform for all PC's is what keeps them afloat. There are many things to consider in such a scenario, but i as well hope Apple won't cut us off, then they would just be somebody that we used to know....

I wish we could bring Steve back from the dead. Apple is hurting, the speaker thing was a sad release... Apple created a mini enlightenment period, where new ground smashing ideas were introduced and created a new landscape. Thats over. Now Apple is chasing from behind... and I think the issue is being afraid to make mistakes plus timing. That whole culture has disappeared, meaning the ex. iPhone has become part of the fabric. Music-wise Apple is not the leader -- Spotify. Apples speaker thing-- Amazon or Google. Steve was a bastard, and he had talented people all around him... now its more about maintaining vs creating.

There will never be a revival of OS X ... It's macOS now ... ... <-- read that with a super-annoying 14-year-old apple fanboy voice

X from Mac OS X stand for 10....

X stands for 10, like iPhone X - iPhone 10.

What used to be a classic Roman Numeral ten back in the early 2000's has evolved to look more like an English capital letter X.
Here's the box that the 10.0 Cheetah OS came in. To the right is a Roman numeral 10. The trend at Apple seems to be to always make things thinner for some reason.

dims
roman-ten-temporary-tattoo.jpg
Screen-Shot-2015-06-08-at-18.15.03-780x437.jpg

Last edited:
Just introduce a MacOs hackintosh version. A MacOs that could run on most desktops and laptops without the troubleshooting of the hackintosh. There is clearly a good size market for it. Definitely something I would be willing to pay for.

Just introduce a MacOs hackintosh version. A MacOs that could run on most desktops and laptops without the troubleshooting of the hackintosh. There is clearly a good size market for it. Definitely something I would be willing to pay for.

But that would take the fun out of it!

New MacPro pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back