Contribute
Register

What Will Apple Unveil at WWDC 2018 Keynote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
wwdcroundup-800x462.jpg
Apple sent out invitations to this year's WWDC Keynote, scheduled for June 4th, 2018. Expected at the event is news about Apple's new MacOS 10.14, and possibly new Mac hardware. Also, video of the event is usually streamed live through Apple's website.

What would you like Apple to introduce at the event? :geek:

Related:
Name the Next MacOS 10.14

It would be nice to see a refreshed MacBook Air, with better screen and design update (maybe space gray color). Or completely ditching the MacBook Air line and reducing the price of the MacBook 12", which seems impossible, but not a total worthless expectation.

Also, if there's gonna have new hardware coming out, it would be nice to see new informations about those co-processors, so we can speculate more about 2020 supposed new Apple's ARM64 hardware. Could be fun.

I would like to see information on the new Mac Pro (7,1). It's either going to smash hit or a flop. But, I keep telling myself, it's for professionals. The iMacPro is for the ProSumer. Sigh.

I would like to see information on the new Mac Pro (7,1). It's either going to smash hit or a flop. But, I keep telling myself, it's for professionals. The iMacPro is for the ProSumer. Sigh.
Yeah. Given how some of the 2009 Mac Pro owners are still using them, I'm really hoping that Apple do a 180 and allow standard GPU, drives, etc. That would tempt me to come back into the fold!

I’d like to see something from them, that makes me not think that I could do better for less money.

I would like the option to get rid of Apple specific (iMessage etc... ) programs I don't use. I don't want a bloated OS with unused programs that runs like crap.

Looking at the logo i expect Apple to announce their "Design Language/Guidelines" since the competition does already have their design system/guidelines: Microsoft with their "Fluent Design System" and Google with their "Material Design".
It's about time for Apple to follow that path which might give us early hints on the so rumored "Cross Platform Applications" a single app that works on iOS,macOS,watchOS,tvOS.

I Expect some Siri new skills (although it would take ludacris mode development to be at least on the trail of Google Assistant).

But overall my wishlist for WWDC2018 is:

MacOS
- FaceID like unlocking on macOS.
- New Apple apps added to the macOS: Health, Home, Wallet and Upgrades to existing ones.
- Some major new features on the platform for a better gaming experience, they are already the #1 gaming platform on iOS so i expect them to attempt to grab that area on the macOS too since its already not a good gaming platform, they might work towards that.
- a redesigned macOS (following their new design system).
- More eGPU support including Nvidia GPUs

iOS
-
New design by following their Design system guidelines (if im correct on the WWDC logo).
- Revamped Notifications (or at least add grouped notifications/notification channels).
- Dark Mode
- Application Manager (Clear cache,Reset App)
- Enhanced Battery Manager (View more detailed informations per app usage etc).
- Unlocked Home Screen Arrangement (let them keep the grid but let us move icons from top to bottom or place them how we want).
- Improved Keyboard (add swipe typing, Custom Dictionaries, etc).
- Phone App = add call recording option.
ETC

MacBook Pro 13" with onboard graphics would be nice. 15" is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back