Contribute
Register

What will Apple do with Macs and OS X in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Siri included in OSX 10.9. I can see that being pretty useful and fun to use.

I also wonder if Apple will integrate touchscreen technology as Microsoft has? It would be interesting for sure.

OS X 11.0. Yes, I can totally see them making that, banking on the fact that people pronounce it "Mac Oh Es Ex". I see them killing off the Mac Pro, as really, they don't like towers. I think they'll make one more awesome version and then replace it with the Mac/Apple TV: An actual TV with Mac OS X 11.0 inside it, and the return of Front Row. I'm hoping they don't find a way to single out Hackintoshes and take 'em out like Microsoft does with XBOX Live hackers. I love my HackBook, and it would be a shame if they put some kind of protection against actual PCs using Mac OS.
There. My rant is done.

I think that they will either:

A. do a major upgrade to the MacPros
or
B. Drop the MacPro line completely

C. FIX THE iMESSAGE ISSUE

D. Make their own TV with an apple TV integrated and have the capability of watching TV.

Is anyone else hoping for a 4K resolution 30 inch thunderbolt display?

This is coming - but Apple isn't interested in making that jump for a few years. Unless Apple invents something extraordinary (iPhone, iPad) they don't push hard to have the highest specs on the market. They win people over with their beautifully designed products. Plus, their insane profit margins on their mobile devices has shifted their whole strategy towards a new direction. 4K 30" displays are currently selling from $5,000 - $30,000. It's going to be a few years before they move into that market. You also have to realize that 4K won't work with Blue Ray, and although I'm sure Hollywood will try to release some sort of SSD card to keep the same business model, streaming is the future anyway. The FCC better start pushing even harder if they expect anyone to be streaming massive 4K movie files.

Sorry - I don't think Apple is interested in 4K UHD until it becomes much cheeper and they're ready to release an actual Apple Display TV (they don't even allow you to use your apps on the ATV yet!).

I'd imagine that in 2013 we'll see:

- Retina Displays on all devices (blah)
- Slightly redesigned Macbook Airs (blah)
- iPhone 5s (simply to keep up with Samsung - blah)
- (No "iPhone Mini" - way too much cannibalism, as seen with the iPad Mini)
- New slightly redesigned iPad (blah)
- New ATV or an ATV "Pro" with full HD and the ability to communicate on a much more advanced and user friendly app/interface from the iPad.

The interaction between the iPad and your TV via ATV is something that I think Apple realizes could keep the iPad as a standout device from other tablets. Of course you can communicate with your TV with other tablets, but Apple's whole thing is the full user experience.

Finally - Apple should really be looking into using their leverage power to create the first great electrostatic touch-feedback tablet using technology similar to what Senseg is doing (on a much higher level obviously): http://cnettv.cnet.com/senseg-demos-prototype-touch-feedback-technology/9742-1_53-50115714.html

And maybe they'll stop naming OS X after some big cat, maybe they will call it just OS X

Os x 10.9 next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back