Contribute
Register

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
mac_client.png
I always run the latest version of OS X on my CustoMacs, but for whatever reason some people stay on earlier versions. What version is your computer running and why?

:mrgreen::geek::ugeek:

PS: My PowerBook 12" is stuck on 10.5 Leopard, Mac Mini Core solo stuck on 10.6 Snow Leopard. :p

i Love TonyMac ...... Thanks you

My Name/ Mohamed Gaber .... Egyptian :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 5.48.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 5.48.28 PM.png
    476.2 KB · Views: 1,041
Dual-booting 10.6.8 (original install) and 10.10 on my 2012 build here.

There's just a quickness and non-bugginess to Snow Leopard that brings me back to it.
Apple Mail app works way better too and is nowhere near as buggy as Yosemite.
For certain apps, I still boot Yosemite, but otherwise SL all the way...

My .02

I started with Leopard, and right through to Yosemite I was always a version behind. I think the reason for that was the memories of the hardship I used to have installing a thoroughly stable system.
Now, with a combination of far better hardware and a lot more knowledge (from here of course) I have stayed as up to date as I can be.
Reason: Stability mainly.
El Capitan 10.11.2

elcap.jpg

Yosemite on my two workstations. i7 950/X58 is the old and i7 5960X/X99 the new, both reported to be problematic/not running as of my last looks for updates. And 10.10.5 is running stable so I'm in no hurry.

The MacBook Pro (Retina 2012, 1st Gen) is on El Cap which is more stable then Yosemite on it.

Well I run Mavericks 10.9.5 by choice on my main workstations. All my hacks (15) have multiple boot partitions and each has El Capitan installed. I also own a 13 inch MBA from 2011 and a 15 inch rMBP from 2012 both updated to El Capitan.

I find that Mavericks retains much of the charm of Snow Leopard. Detail in the icons and such that has been written out of the newer versions.

B1.jpg

This is my MakerBeam Skylake build. And many of my hacks are listed here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/completed-mods/87399-neilharts-completed-case-mods.html

Good modding,
neil

All of my machines run OS X 10.11 El Capitan, except for my PowerMac G4, which is obviously stuck on Leopard, and my Xserve, which for some odd reason will not accept the boot.efi mod to run a 64 bit OS, therefore it's stuck on Lion server.

I run a recording studio, so I tend to stick with a stable system until there's a compelling reason to upgrade. The latest version of Pro Tools, requires upgrading from Mountain Lion, which I'm going to do reluctantly.

"Always" the latest, that hardware permits.

Had some issues with USB and El Capitan but have resolved them now, and bought an Inateck card for USB3. My Asus Eee 1001pxd runs 10.6 as that is the latest its hardware supports I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back