Contribute
Register

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am super happily dualbooting on an Asus X550 laptop, my little 15 " hack book :D
I currently run OSX 10.11.3 , with OSX 10.11.4 dev and OSX 10.9.5 on different partitions!
It runs smooth like butter thanks to RehabMan and the team and a few quirks of mine here and there!
:headbang:

Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 22.51.43.png

We just changed from Mavericks to Yosemite 10.10.5.

The Capture One v9 photo processing version required Yosemite so I spent a day (and a half!) switching to Clover as well. Using a Gigabyte B75 for my wife in an HP case and I have the GA-z97mx Gaming 5/4770.

Microsoft Vista was such a disaster. We converted to Mountain Lion, as I happened to have a compatible GA board at the time. I usually lag 8-12 months on each major release. There is often not time to really pick up the information scattered throughout this site for a major upgrade until enough mistakes get made for me to avoid them. These are our only machines.

Once a major new version settles down and I have the time, I study like crazy, reading for a few days off and on to isolate key posts and tricks. For the Clover conversion this is particularly true as just one setting, mentioned in only one article fix an otherwise non-booting Clover Config file. It takes a bit of detective work to understand where you make a wrong turn.

One has to be sure to down load all Apple install and updates at time of release, otherwise you are stuck with the current release, as of now El Capitan. I just keep ready made sticks for each release 'on file' just in case.

Thanks to everyone for all their help!

10.11.3 El Capitan on my Gigabyte Z97X UD3H CPU i7 4790K
10.11.3 El Capitan on my Gigabyte Z170 HD3 CPU i7 6700K
10.9.5 Mavericks on my Gigabyte X58 UD4P CPU i7 2.66

My oldest machine, a GA-Z68XP-UD3P rev 1.0 build, is on Mavericks 10.9.5. I'm careful not to mess too much with that, but would like to eventually upgrade to El Capitan. There's no non-beta UEFI BIOS for this board, so perhaps I'm better off building a new machine.

My kid uses a GA-Z97N-WIFI build which I recently reinstalled with El Capitan. Works great.

i'm running mavericks 10.9 because my apogee ensemble a/d converter for home recording works and i've heard of issues on later versions. Although I may update to 10.9.2 so I can get the newer nvidia drivers but i need to clone my drive first.

I am running El Capitan on 2 laptops and 1 desktop computer. Everything works on all computers.

Dell Optiplex 755 with Nvidia GT 520 video card.
Dell Latitude E6330 with i7 3540 and Atheros AR9280 wireless. Used Rehabmans Bluetooth kexts.
HP Probook 6570b with Atheros AR9280 wireless. Used Probook installer.

Built an Optiplex 755 for my father as well. It is still running Yosemite because I have not gotten up there to update it yet.

Much thanks to Tonymacx86. Without this site, I would have never learned how to install OS X.

I still feel a nostalgic when I see images of Snow Leopard. I liked the UI and fonts in the older versions more than Yosemite and El Capitan.

I'am currently tying to install OS X El Capitan (10.11.4) to my main setup. For professional using..
However graphics, sound and boot from uefi drive (SSD/HDD) won't work very well...

Setup:

• ASRock Z87 Pro3
  • Intel Core i5 4690K
  • Crucial Ballistix 16 GB DDR3
  • MSI GeForce GTX 960 2 GB
  • Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB
  • WD Blue WD10EZEX 1000 GB

EDIT: If someone has a similar Mobo and Graphics-Card like me, would you please share your experiences with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back