Contribute
Register

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I run the latest version of OS X, 10.11.2. I always want to have the newest version installed on my computer.

All three PowerMac G5 hacks (two B75 and one B85) are running El Cap 10.11.2. Like many others, I like to be running the most current iteration of OS X. That said, for me El Cap is the most stable version of OS X since Mountain Lion, which was the first version I used. Mavericks and Yosemite always had the random freeze issue, no matter what I tried. That's gone with El Cap and now everything just works for weeks on end with no problems.

My real Core Duo Mac Mini is limited to 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, and the B75 EconoMac I built for a friend is still using Mountain Lion because it works and he doesn't want to mess with success. :p

Tom

I just built my Hackintosha few months back and couldn't get it to work with El Capitan without Multibeast 8. So I was stuck on Yosemite back then. But when Multibeast 8 was released I quickly updated my Hackintosh to El Capitan and works like a charm without a problem. Thanks for all the hard work on creating Unibeast and Multibeast.

I'm currently on Yosemite.

I would run El Capitan but i noticed it was really slow than Yosemite.
I don't know why because i have a good build.

If i can find some help with that, i will run El capitan for sure :)

I run the latest version of OS X, 10.11.2.

It´s running stable and fast.

I am running on lion 10.7 and need to update to the newer versions to run new apps but I can't download the new versions it says I need mountain lion first. Can somebody help?

I will never forget having an X58A build. One of the best machines I had ever build for OS X. I completely agree with you that the hardware is still phenomenal even for our modern times. Congrats and keep tinkering.

I always try to use the latest releases. My Hackintosh is running 10.11.2. I actually forget where I started, but the basic build has been going strong since late 2009, now upgraded to a 6-core Xeon 5650 @ 4+ Ghz, 32GB RAM, native Apple Bluetooth/Wifi card for handoff/continuity, ~10TB storage (SSD + HDD), and yet the same old ATI XFX single-slot 5770 driving a 27" LED ACD. But man, it still tops out around 20K Geekbench... talk about longevity from a computing power standpoint. I won't change platforms until I can get 8 overclockable cores for a reasonable price....

rMB is on 10.11.2

CoreDuo MB is on 10.6.8, since that's the highest OS it supports. But it's long in the tooth. I traded my 12" Powerbook Titanium for this machine nearly a decade ago. The Superdrive has since given up the ghost. The fan has been dying-- loudly, and agonizingly-- for over a year now. Ethernet port is kaput. But it's got 4GB RAM and 240GB SSD-- it's surprisingly able. I wouldn't upgrade, but any minute now the fan is going to give out.. and the lack of being able to update software (chrome!) because of the 32bit EFI, the inability to even load a version of iTunes that will interface with an iOS 9 device (updated via iTunes, mind you!), and the reduction of battery life to approximately 5 minutes... means it's on its last legs.

El Capitan 10.11.2 dual booting Windows 10 on my laptop. I don't know if previous versions were much better, as i barely used anything except Mavericks before this (which was also pretty good). And I was really new to hackintoshing back then, so I don't think that was correctly setup.

Thank you all,
Liam

Clover pushed me over the edge for 10.11 and got a number of benefits from it, and the problems are all minor (audio must come through monitor/usb, mouse cursor occasionally flashes up double the size it should be).

Friend,

The cursor behavior you're seeing is a feature, not a bug, in El Capitan. I too thought there was something wrong when I first experienced it. When you jiggle the cursor quickly it becomes larger and easier to find on large/multiple screens. You can turn it off but I've found I quite like it.

No insight on the audio situation.

tenders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back