Contribute
Register

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
El Capitan 10.11.2 and Windows 10 dual boot on a Z97 Deluxe, GTX 980 Ti, 16Gig Dominator, 2 Samsung 840 750Gb SSD,

Attachments

• my rig.jpg
    my rig.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 177
Running El Capitan 10.11.2
Updated from 10.10.5 to 10.11 and wow OS X is so fast now, unbelievable.

Uptadating from Chimera to Clover wasnt straight forward. But now I'm really happy.
Thx tonymac, you still #1 !

Running MBP 2009 on El Capitan. Smooth as butter with an SSD.

My main Hackintosh is running Yosemite due to AMD Radeon sleep not being supported on El Capitan. Used it for quite a while, but not having the ability to put it in sleep mode made me restore it to Yosemite.

I`m running 10.9.5 in a P5W DH Deluxe with a C2Q6700 and 8GB DDR2 800MHz. This is the center of my music production studio and i have old music hardware around, this version is the best choice for me.

El Capitan 10.11.2

I figure I can test to see how far this hardware can go, it's installed on it's own ssd and everything else is stored onto another hdd. Windows is on another ssd in any case.

This results may reflect that this site is visited by most of them members and they try to be up to date their hachintosh. And it may be also intersting to know how many buids or computers or hard siks they own with this systems.

In my case have to PCs and two hard drives one of then as a USB hard disk for backup and run yosemite and El Capitan OS X. And when a new system arrives I delete the oldest system and replace them with the new one. the new one of course is a devoloper preview.

I always run the latest version of OS X on my CustoMacs, but for whatever reason some people stay on earlier versions. What version is your computer running and why?

:mrgreen::geek::ugeek:

PS: My PowerBook 12" is stuck on 10.5 Leopard, Mac Mini Core solo stuck on 10.6 Snow Leopard. :p

I'm a hackintosher since 2008, but I like to keep it simple, so when it works, "I don't fix what's not broken" as wise people say in English.
That's why I stuck with Mountain Lion until last Fall, when my rig started to get delusional USB trouble popups every 30 seconds or so. I then installed Yosemite following Stork's golden build. I've got the HDA issue on wakeup, but I use the useful LoadHDA.app and I'll keep doing it, considering 10.11 would make me lose most of the USB ports I use for convenience (the 4 on my Lian Li's panel).
Intel 8 and 9 series chipsets aren't worth the money to me, but I plan on updating my system to Series 10 mobo with an ALC1150, once everything's working fine and easy to install (I suck at hacking), and I can use the opportunity to update Windows from 8.1 to 10 for free, though I've barely started the damn thing a couple times, since I bought a PS4, over a year ago.

As much as I dislike admitting it. I have stopped using a Custom Mac/Hackintosh as a personal rig for over a year already. I sold all my items to friends or clients and they love the old machines. Just as a note, all of them are on 10.10 or later. :(

Running the latest version of El Capitan on both rigs because of Swift/Xcode.

I'd actually gone for about 4 years since running OS X on my first Hackintosh because I'd ended up having to throw Windows on it. Recently my interest was re-piqued and I put together a new build. I was blown away at how much easier everything was with Clover and the fantastic guides on this site, so I figured I'd try it out on my old Hackintosh build (at the time running Windows 10) to see if it still worked.

It went nearly flawlessly (with the typical minor install niggles) on a 4 year old build. I'm blown away. This site rules.

As much as I dislike admitting it. I have stopped using a Custom Mac/Hackintosh as a personal rig for over a year already. I sold all my items to friends or clients and they love the old machines. Just as a note, all of them are on 10.10 or later. :(

Any particular reason why, if you don't mind me asking?

I always try to use the latest releases. My Hackintosh is running 10.11.2. I actually forget where I started, but the basic build has been going strong since late 2009, now upgraded to a 6-core Xeon 5650 @ 4+ Ghz, 32GB RAM, native Apple Bluetooth/Wifi card for handoff/continuity, ~10TB storage (SSD + HDD), and yet the same old ATI XFX single-slot 5770 driving a 27" LED ACD. But man, it still tops out around 20K Geekbench... talk about longevity from a computing power standpoint. I won't change platforms until I can get 8 overclockable cores for a reasonable price....

rMB is on 10.11.2

CoreDuo MB is on 10.6.8, since that's the highest OS it supports. But it's long in the tooth. I traded my 12" Powerbook Titanium for this machine nearly a decade ago. The Superdrive has since given up the ghost. The fan has been dying-- loudly, and agonizingly-- for over a year now. Ethernet port is kaput. But it's got 4GB RAM and 240GB SSD-- it's surprisingly able. I wouldn't upgrade, but any minute now the fan is going to give out.. and the lack of being able to update software (chrome!) because of the 32bit EFI, the inability to even load a version of iTunes that will interface with an iOS 9 device (updated via iTunes, mind you!), and the reduction of battery life to approximately 5 minutes... means it's on its last legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back