Contribute
Register

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
10.9 Mavericks
I built my Customac back in early 2014 and OS X Mavericks was the operating system that was currently out. I never upgraded to Yosemite/El Capitan and don't plan on upgrading to a newer OS since I don't like upgrading the OS on any of my computers/tablets/etc.

I have installed my first Hackintosh 2 weeks ago with Yosemite, updated to 10.10.5. It is fully stable on my set up (Core 2 Duo overclocked at 3.6 GHZ, GTX 660). So no need to install El Capitan at the moment, will install it for my future I7 skylake based system in about 3 months :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 12.03.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 12.03.28 PM.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 314
Last edited by a moderator:
My Hackintosh is running Yosemite because of my USB 3.0 Nec/Renesas pci card is not working in El Capitan
and I have 2 USB 3.0 HDD with my media

I try to be as up-to-date as possible; Forward motion is everything.
During the the recent holiday season break I decided to update my Dual Xeon CustMac Pro which I call Xac Pro. On Yosemite with Chameleon it was a rock solid build. Moving to El Capitan with Clover and MultiBeast 8, I have gone backwards: Currently only half the RAM is showing. The gaming performance is diminished even though I'm using the latest Nvidia Web drivers. Clover will not boot if I move the drive from the onboard SATA II to the 3rd party SATA III card.

Last to be upgraded is my CustoMac mini, which is my server. Planning to move it to El Capitan in the next week or so.

I'm still on OS X Mavericks, mainly due to Propellerhead Reason 7. Not had the time to test R7 in OS X El Capitan yet.

My system GA-Z77-DS3H is triple boot (Mavericks - Windows 10 - El Capitan) and all are stable.

I've been using El Capitan a lot since I upgraded my test SSD from Yosemite to El Capitan and I prefer it over Mavericks. El Capitan has been very stable with my PJALM DSDT patches (IO and Graphics) and my custom SSDT.

The only thing that I don't like in El Capitan is the new Disk Utility. This is mainly due to the new Disk Partitioner) but i could learn to live with it w/o resorting to installing the original from Yosemite (I think ?).

My Intel DX58So with i7/920 ran Snow, then Mavericks and Yosemite Chimera (Clover did not work)
My GA Z97 UD7 TH i7/4790k has ElCaptian v 10.11.1, Clover, when i tried the update the USB stoped functioning, need to try the USB kext when i get a chance

Yosemite on my i3 laptop (because I don't want to hassle with updating it to El Capitan just yet) and El Capitan on my i5 desktop that I just put together.

Yosi on my Laptop as upgrading on this machine is always a heavy lift.
Yosi on my Desktop solely waiting until the successor become stable enough and Apps updated for it so that transition goes smooth without hickups later on.

I'm on Yosemite still. The primary reason is the USB 3.0 issues that have been reported. My motherboard is the GA Z97-UD5H, and has a Renasas USB controller for which the USB fixes are not supposed to work. Thus, I've stayed on Yosemite to maintain full USB 3 support.

Has there been any headway on alternative ways around this? Are the issues less common than previously thought?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back