Contribute
Register

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's about the thrill of the chase. Getting to full OS X compatibility on way faster hardware - and at a reasonable price - is the goal. I'm not professional in any way so it's just a hobby. I can boot Win10 if I need to and own a 2015 Mac Mini. I also bought a second copy of OS X back in the retail DVD days and upgrade and use that.

I was very reluctant to move up to El Capitan because I had such a good-natured and stable build with Yosemite and Chimera. True, iMessage didn't work (and iTunes DRM video which still doesn't) but everything else was solid. Clover has fixed iMessage but it is so arcane and tricky to fiddle with. I'm sure it's more advanced in it's way but feels less user-friendly. MultiBeast 8 has helped enormously.

El Capitan 10.11.2 now running - and stable - but it took a lot of work!

What astounds me still is that one person's build can be copied molecule for molecule and yet behave so differently for a different builder. (Must be the location! LOL!)

:)

My first build to the latest version. But i am sure I would be updating to the latest as long as there is no compatibility issues.

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.2 and 10.8.5 Mountain Lion on my Z77-DS3H build. On my H61N-USB3 I'm running El Capitan and Snow leopard 10.6.8. On my MSI-G41M-P25 I'm just running 10.11. and on my HP Probook 4540s 10.11.2 and 10.9.5.

10.11.2 on my Lenovo g530 and 10.11.2 on my Asus u46e

I have 10.10.5 on my main hack, i7 4790k, Z97X UD5H BK, very stable

I have 10.11.2 & Win 10 on my secondary hack, i7 4770k, Z97X UD3H BK, usb still not quite right

i have 10.10.5 Server on an HP Microserver (AMD CPU), no iMessage or iCloud but everything else is fine

i have 10.9.5 on my son & daughter's hacks, i5 4440, Z87MX D3H, both very stable

I still like Snow Leopard, but think Mavericks has been the most stable release over the last few years.

10.10.5. I like the reliability of Yosemite, and Chimera. Have had much trouble with trying to switch to Clover on Yosemite, i.e. Unibeast 6.1.1 cannot boot my computer after running tonymac's "How to create a Test USB for Clover using Unibeast." Can get to Clover boot screen, but that's it. So I'm sticking with what works for now.

i run yosemite 10.10.5 ...and won't upgrade to el cap in the near future coz i now use only one desktop with only OS X ..(i had 3-4 under my desk lol) and each other for different video editing use.anyway...had to migrate LOTS of files so...i can't deal with upgrade ;) 10.10.5 is stable and works perfectly for me :D no need el cap :p

10.10.5. I like the reliability of Yosemite, and Chimera. Have had much trouble with trying to switch to Clover on Yosemite, i.e. Unibeast 6.1.1 cannot boot my computer after running tonymac's "How to create a Test USB for Clover using Unibeast." Can get to Clover boot screen, but that's it. So I'm sticking with what works for now.

Amen to all of that. I tried a couple of times to upgrade to 10.11, but Yosemite and Chimera just work. Enough time wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back