Contribute
Register

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

What Version of OS X is your Computer Running?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My machine at home runs Mountain Lion 10.8.4. Extremely stable, except that once in a while I lose the keyboard/mouse. Unplug, replug and it works again.
Would update, except that we may not be able to use cs6. Also Mail is terrible in Yosemite and El-C and I honestly prefer ML's interface.

I use something at work that refuses to run anything past 10.6.7 (it's an o-o-old C2D with a weird intel mb) and doesn't give me QE/CI. And my dying 2006 MacBook runs 10.6.8 (my favourite OSX!).

Cheers

Ashok

Mountain Lion. I have Yosemite set up on a second disk and use it from time to time for some apps that need it, but it would take time and cost to update all my apps with no functional improvement so I'm not migrating yet. There's no question of moving to El Capitaine, my main work disk is a Raid 1.

As a long time Mac OS user (back to 7.3 on my own Performa 5400 ;) , if I recall well — not to speak of the former "pizza boxes" LC at school :D ), I like a classic Finder.
I would have stuck to 10.6.8 if a few things on my setup were not working better on Mavericks.
I really hate the "grey world" Apple has built after Snow Leopard, I still miss the coloured icons in Mail, but luckily utilities such as TotalFinder and cDock have brought back colours and labels to the Finder! :thumbup:
I have no iPhone nor iPad, I don't want to use the App Store if I can avoid, so I have no need of a more recent OS especially when all the reviews I've read don't mention sufficient benefits towards drivers compatibility issues and the likes.
I use softwares and peripherals that are not supported in 10.9 but still work perfectly, by chance, so I can't see the point — except for geekery's sake — in taking the risk of upgrading... :mrgreen:

I always like to run the latest (considering everything is working). Little bit of graphics work on the hackintosh side of things and everything else is done on the window's side.

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 2.49.12 AM.png

Dual Booting Yosemite and El Capitan. Yosemite is stable, USB ports just work. I like the system font better than in El Capitan. HiDPI / Retina works great in both Yose and Cap. If USB issues could be resolved in an easy way I would switch to El Capitan.

10.11.2, the latest version.

And I would like to always update to the latest version. Maybe, it is kinds of idiocrasy. Currently I just update my rig to i7 4790k, overclock to 4.6 GHZ, ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Z97 chip), and Sapphire 280x black diamond version. It is very stable and smooth. The performance is great, very close to 6 cores Mac pro.

I am still running iOS 8x on my iPhone 6 plus due to Jailbreak. I don't need the extras of iOS 9 and the iPhone is running so smoothly right now.

For the same reason, I am still running Yosemite on my Hack. I don't need the extras and she is running so nice right now thanks to you guys in the Tonymacx86 forums :thumbup:

Cheers

10.11.2 on an ancient P55 eVGA motherboard with a Core i5 760. Running like a champ on a 256GB SSD (plus another 128GB SSD for windows, a 750GB hybrid drive for data and 2TB drive for more data!).

I'm also using the recommended TP-Link card for WiFI and a Inateck KT4006 USB 3.0 card. Also I have an eVGA GTX 760 SC to run all this.

I have no intention, nor money, to upgrade. Works fine.

Cheers!

I'm running Mavericks as my main partition, because I get a black screen in clover boot screen when 2 monitors are connected. I always install every 2nd release, thus the skip of Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back