i5-4460
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I am mac os user since 2015 (having MacBook pro), I also have a PC and I want to get rid of Windows OS to start using mac OS.

Specifications
CPU: Intel Core i5 4460
MB: MSI B85M-E45 (MS-7817)
Memory: 16GB, Dual channel, 4/4 slots (2x Crucial, 2x Kingstone)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (2GB)

I already made a installer on my USB, when I try to boot it, the Apple logo appears and nothing happens, if I add "-v" flag, in logs it ends at "End RandomSeed [+++....]"
I have added memory slots in SMBIOS and I have chosen product model.

Is it possible to run Mojave on this configuration? If not I would use other version as you suggest.
Maybe someone has a similar configuration and is willing to share the config.plist with me?

The GTX 950/ GTX 960 (which one are you using - profile and your post differ -typo?) requires additional graphics drivers from Nvidia to work. Nvidia provide drivers up to and including High Sierra.
Follow the High Sierra guide to avoid End RandomSeed ++++++++++++++++ type messages.

The GTX 950/ GTX 960 (which one are you using - profile and your post differ -typo?) requires additional graphics drivers from Nvidia to work. Nvidia provide drivers up to and including High Sierra.
Follow the High Sierra guide to avoid End RandomSeed ++++++++++++++++ type messages.

Thanks for sending me this, I finally managed to install High Sierra. Today I was dealing with NVIDIA drivers because I had to have 17G66 and I couldn't find this version in your Download section but I used the following command in terminal:
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.40.113
my graphics GTX960

I would appreciate if you could help me with one more thing; I don't see the WiFi icon and I'm connected through Ethernet right now, what should I do to have WiFi working.

Last edited:
There is only a very narrow field of WIFI chips that Apple themselves use. Intel cards are popular in the Windows world, but despite developers trying to create Intel WIFI drivers for macOS for some time, the project has not been successful to date.

First thing to do is define if your WIFI card has macOS support - if it does not then you will need to change it.

New Wifi hardware is listed in the Buyers Guide > Accessories section.
Supported Mac variants are discussed with guides in the Network section.
'Forum' drop-down menu > Post Installation > Network.

The Pinned section should be helpful.

ok great I found WIFI Drivers for my TP-LINK WN881ND and drivers IO80211Family works for me.
It might be helpful for someone in the future so I uploaded kext.

Attachments

• IO80211Family.kext.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back