Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I have a question for everyone here. I'm currently a programming student at a community college, and I've gotten some of the basic courses down for learning python, c++, and have taught myself some java and swift. My knowledge base is that of an introductory course, basic control flow, etc etc. I'm fascinated with looking at some of the more hardware related things that are done here with kexts, ACPI, etc, but would like some better reading material to start teaching myself more as my courses won't start covering hardware for another couple years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So I have a question for everyone here. I'm currently a programming student at a community college, and I've gotten some of the basic courses down for learning python, c++, and have taught myself some java and swift. My knowledge base is that of an introductory course, basic control flow, etc etc. I'm fascinated with looking at some of the more hardware related things that are done here with kexts, ACPI, etc, but would like some better reading material to start teaching myself more as my courses won't start covering hardware for another couple years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey @Korreck,

Here are a few tools that would come in handy for compiling etc.
  • MacIASL
  • DPCIManager
  • IOReg
  • Xcode
Do some research on the first 3 and you will find what you are in search for.

Curious/\/\ac

Hello, can you please tell me is it possible to install Hackintosh on a personal computer with two processors on the motherboard?

is it possible to install Hackintosh on a personal computer with two processors on the motherboard?
Yes it is.

full

Last edited:
I have an old ASUS Eee PC 1215N netbook lying around in my garage, can I install Hackintosh using this method https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/197020-patched-mach_kernel-1060-for-atom-based-netbooks /

Read the forum rules - Your question is answered there.

Because of possible errors and complexities in external content, this community only supports guides and installation methods using tools and instructions published on tonymacx86.com. Threads or posts which use tools, guides or instructions from third party sources may be removed.

This community does not support installation of macOS on Atom CPUs nor hypervisors other than VMware Fusion. Any post referencing these will be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back