Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 620 1366x768
Mac
iMac, MacBook
Classic Mac
iMac, Performa
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I have a question for everyone here. I'm currently a programming student at a community college, and I've gotten some of the basic courses down for learning python, c++, and have taught myself some java and swift. My knowledge base is that of an introductory course, basic control flow, etc etc. I'm fascinated with looking at some of the more hardware related things that are done here with kexts, ACPI, etc, but would like some better reading material to start teaching myself more as my courses won't start covering hardware for another couple years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
GTX 1080 TI
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
So I have a question for everyone here. I'm currently a programming student at a community college, and I've gotten some of the basic courses down for learning python, c++, and have taught myself some java and swift. My knowledge base is that of an introductory course, basic control flow, etc etc. I'm fascinated with looking at some of the more hardware related things that are done here with kexts, ACPI, etc, but would like some better reading material to start teaching myself more as my courses won't start covering hardware for another couple years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey @Korreck,

Here are a few tools that would come in handy for compiling etc.
  • MacIASL
  • DPCIManager
  • IOReg
  • Xcode
Do some research on the first 3 and you will find what you are in search for.

Curious/\/\ac