HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Title says it all i need a cheap SSD thats no more then 64gb cuase thats all i need to boot. It needs to be yosemite compatible and thats all really and just needs to be around $60 USD Other wise not to much else to it so if anyone has any suggestions thatd be great if not well oh well.

Found this Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3/RF2 on ebay for 45 bucks its a refurb but makes no diff to me, would this work with yosemite?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manufacture...091?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fc2727e3

It depends upon your Motherboard.

Please post buying advice in this forum section - don't post these type of questions in other forum sections.

It depends upon your Motherboard.

Please post buying advice in this forum section - don't post these type of questions in other forum sections.

Ok sorry the mobo is the gigabyte ga-h97m-hd3

Ok but will that drive work the one I ha've up top

No reason that it wouldn't. Only possible thing you could need to do on a newer SSD is fix the
Boot0 error, which can be done in about 15 seconds. I've never used that OCZ model but I
do have a Vertex 4 that didn't need a boot0 fix.

No reason that it wouldn't. Only possible thing you could need to do on a newer SSD is fix the
Boot0 error, which can be done in about 15 seconds. I've never used that OCZ model but I
do have a Vertex 4 that didn't need a boot0 fix.

Ok thanks

I would get the Samsung EVO 120gb.

I have the OCZ Arc 100 120gb. SSD @ $59 and it did not benchmark as stated in documentation

The blackmagic benchmarks where about 360mb/s write and 400mb/s read.

The OCZ arc 100 is a good SSD just does not perform as printed in documentation.

Also if you have problems getting "TRIM" support to work just follow these steps.

Yosemite only uses about 15gb. of disk space so a 120gb SSD is more than enough for most people.

-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back