What Speakers Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microlab FC330.
Superb sound for the money.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0040N3BQI/?tag=tonymacx86-21

desk.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using, and loving, the M-Audio BX8d2 Studio Monitors. I went to Guitar Center to pick out a good pair of monitors for my studio and these were my second choice behind the ADAM Audio A7XGB. Those were amazing but a little out of my budget at the time. So for around $500 USD I don't think they can be beat (for pro studio monitors). The sound quality is amazing.

Attachments

• maudio bx8d2.jpg
    maudio bx8d2.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 209
Due to a number of factors, currently I only use a mono unit. An old iHome dock. It's actually pretty good all around for the types of music I play (considering everything), but nothing like my real set up I have at home. My iPhone doesn't dock to it sadly since it's an old 30-pin connector, but it works like a champ and doesn't complain.
AAAAC6rpmMcAAAAAAAZHEw.jpg

I use AudioEngine A5+ with a Bowers and Wilkinson 610 subwoofer, with Meridian Explorer USB DAC.

I originally bought the DAC for my Hackintosh, but have moved it to my iMac. Slam, lots a lots slam! The Dynamics and sheer power for such small speakers, though they are rather large for most people's idea of 'computer' speakers.

Yamaha MSP-3 for nomal audio tasks in my studio (architecture).

Yamaha MSP-5 and 7 at home, in my project studio.

Currently I have an optical cable from my Z97X-UD7H to a Sony STR-DG500 receiver. Connected to that I have a pair of Advent Calypso desktop speakers and a JBL TLX PS12 subwoofer.

Advent Calypso.jpg 1073715015.jpg

Cerwin Vega LS-12
Cerwin-Vega_LS-12_Stereo_Speakers_w.jpg

Sony STR-DA3000ES
amplificador-sony-mod-str-da3000es-61-impecable-3639-MLM4558275694_062013-F.jpg

nuforce uDAC-2
img_7507-1024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back