Contribute
Register

What Speakers Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use presonus Eris 8 for mixing an mastering

And a mackie onyx 1640I FW: sound card and analog mixer for recording instruments and mixing too

I had a pair of M-Audio AV30s that sounded great but would drop out when the volume was more than 25% (this "sounds" like a common problem with these speakers). I still have them but haven't decided about a repair. The speaker jack on my Gigabyte MB didn't like the long, heavy cable very much either.

I replaced this setup with a FiiO D3 Digital to Analog Audio Converter connected to an old Harman Kardon receiver and Linaeum/Radio Shack/RCA Minimus 7 passive speakers which I bought new 15 years ago and never used until now. The new system sounds fantastic and also has more flexibility than the active speakers alone.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 251
Microlab SOLO 7C

They're huge, they're quite cheap, and they have the clarity that I only thought possible in very expensive speakers. They're quite difficult to find as they're made by an obscure Chinese company but if you can find them they're worth it in every way.

Roland powered speakers (for now... since 2004).

When I save the money two Yamaha HS7's. Ill most likely buy them from cascio interstate music because of no tax + free shipping + they always have a discount code you can use anywhere from 13% to (sometimes / every now and then) 20% off... theyll charge $45 shipping on this particular order (I know Im going on lol) but being HS7's are $299 each, $600 for two minus 20% is $480 inc tax + $45 ship on the speakers comes out to $525... darn good deal. Next purchase is a 40" Samsung LED from Best Buy, then $310 pearl rhythm traveler gig from europe, then save to go to vegas in august, then HS7's perhaps I need to get my priorities straight :p

It was either going to be HS8 or HS7 monitors, HS7 fits on my work station better and they sound good as well. Will update this post after Ive got them hopefully before 2016.

A long long time ago Apple bought Sony SRS-04's for the MAC Performa store demo machines for a couple retail store chains. When it came time to tear down the display the Apple Rep said throw them out. I did right into the back seat of my Car. They have been good to me. When mixing audio I use Yamaha HS8's and Sennheiser HD 598 headphones.

I use a pair of self made Voigt pies (quarter wave pies), using a pair of Audax 3 inch drivers.

No1
Other |  i5 4460 |  HD 4600
I've got a pair for Q-Acoustics 3020's linked up using Optical to a Denon D-M40DAB Mini Hi-fi. This gives me Dual Optical inputs from both my Haswell and Skylake builds.
q_acoustics_3020v4.jpg

Denon_DM40DAB_Mini_System_Silver_inc_Monitor_Audio_Bronze_135440-2.jpg_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back