Contribute
Register

What Speakers Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My speakers aren't great, mostly because I usually use headphones. I have a pair of Bose Mediamates from the turn of the century. They still sound pretty good, and much better than the more current Bose Companion computer speakers. My audio setup is strange too. I'm running HDMI audio over DVI to my LG TV, then using analog RCA cables to hook up the speakers. So, yes, my TV is my receiver. When I listen to my Sennheiser HD280's, I hook them up to the M-Audio Delta 410 in my Hackintosh. I'd love a pair of ATH-M50s, but they're not high on my priority list at the moment.

Attachments

• bose.jpg
    bose.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 191
This is going to be my next speaker system
I wanna make a home theatre, and as this is THX certified one, I feel this will do just nicely
Wonder how the performance is?

The performance is absolutely awesome.
I also use Boom 2 audio enhancer in OSX and on Windows I use Breakaway Audio Enhancer.
To tell you the truth, I have never adjusted the volume more than 50% because there was no need :)

Event Opals with a little extra sub bass lift from a Yamaha HS10 subwoofer.

image.jpg

Speakers are a set of iLive IHB23B 2.1 channel Bluetooth speakers via a 3.5mm to RCA cable.

Headset is a Logitech G35 wired 7.1 surround sound headset with mic, though I can't seem to get either working on my Hackintosh.

Sometimes I'll plug in my headphones (for the above reason), which are a pair of Skull Candy's I picked up on sale at the local Fred Meyer's. They sound good and aren't expensive, so stick to what you know. Lol

For a while used some old crappy computer speakers and headphones. Now I'm using 2 active Yamaha HS8 plus a HS8 subwoofer for listening and for mixing. More details are at the Audio editing thread here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/135692-how-make-any-build-into-audio-editing-build.html

Besides headphones what speakers do you use for your computer?

glad to hear your into audio. I love those speakers. I have the JBL LSR 4328p with LSR 4312sp subwoofer. It bangs!!!!! (attatched my actual studio pic. Running OSX Tonymac Yosemite 10.10.3!!!)

Attachments

• LSR4300brochurelow1.png
    LSR4300brochurelow1.png
    805 KB · Views: 236
  • btown2015.jpg
    btown2015.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 201
I use a pair of JBL LSR305 studio monitors and a Alesis Multimix8 USB FX mixer.

jbl-monitor-speakers-1-970x0.jpg

MM8USB2FX-xlarge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back