Contribute
Register

What Speakers Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KEF LS50, powered by Burson Conductor + Timekeeper. Chord Hugo DAC on the way, and all are fed by iFi Power.

Cans (not in the pic) = Audeze LCD 3F

Yum :¬)

Attachments

• setup2.jpg
    setup2.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 233
With my box at home and at work (both hacks), I use Audio Engine A2's with a Behringer XENYX 302USB as a sound card -- mostly because I'm too lazy to worry about motherboard audio after system updates and it provides a nice desktop-level set of volume knobs + a convenient place to jack in headphones. The A2's are great small speakers. (I use the bigger P4's for my home theatre rig's right/left front channels.)

Attachments

• stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 145
Alesis Monitor one mk2 speakers (non-active) powered by RA-150 reference amp- an excellent combination for accurate mixing on the cheap :D I much prefer the sound of these to the newer powered versions (I don't really trust those little amps inside the speakers TBH- but I could easily be wrong :p )

The Alesis are a bit harsh (especially when mixing lots of electric guitar/cymbals!!) but I know them well and can usually pull off a decent mix in a short space of time... next to them I have a pair of 80's Warfedale laser hifi speakers - my friend found them in a skip but they sound nice and musical, a very relaxing listen when compared to the Alesis... they are also wired to the amp via a light switch so I can easily switch between speakers when I want :thumbup:

speakers.jpg

No sub yet tho'.... my neighbors hate me already :banghead:

I use an old Compaq JBL Speakers (320426-001). I am not so sure but I think it is from a monitor. I bought it at a thrift store for $4.99. They have pretty good sound.

peachlove:):D

Only headphones here..

FiiO E10 DAC
Audio-Technica ATH M50X headphones

It's a magical combination at a reasonable price.

I have the fiio e07k that i use with audio technica ath m50x headphones. I use it with the computer or with my galaxy note 4. The fiio can make a usb connection with the galaxy note using a mini usb to micro usb cable. The sound quality is outstanding.
I also use a heavily modded klipsch pro media 2.1.

I have a pair of M-Audio BX5 D2s. They are clear and very focused in both sound and coverage. I'd like to get a pair of 8" speakers for wider coverage and more expansive sound...I'm leaning toward Presonus Eris E8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back