ATI Radeon HD 6450 1024 MB Sapphire
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi everyone!

i just installed retail snow leopard 10.6.0 and everything seems to work right out of the box...i mean sound and internet but after i install combo update 10.6.7, they both stop, i mean no sound and no internet...so what can i back up from the first install before i upgrade? :banghead:

please explain cause i`m no expert and i`m just beginning here.

I hope the following helps;

Everest pick up my sound system as Analog Devices AD1984A. upon further inspection i found out it`s a soundmax chipset.

And network is Intel 82567LM-3 Gigabit Network Connection.

And thx SO MUCH in advance! ;)

i only used the latest Iboot from the download section to boot from and i still do until i figure what to do.

THis is really weird!!!....i went ahead and installed combo update 10.6.7 without installing multibeat afterwards to see if everything stills works..i still booted from Iboot disc...guess what....everything still works, i mean sound is working and so is internet...so i guess i don`t know what to include from multibeat!!! can you help please...i`m so close..please help me with my config in multibeast....and by the way i`ve got ATI HD5450 1G DDR3 as video adapter.

lukin said:
i only used the latest Iboot from the download section to boot from and i still do until i figure what to do.

THis is really weird!!!....i went ahead and installed combo update 10.6.7 without installing multibeat afterwards to see if everything stills works..i still booted from Iboot disc...guess what....everything still works, i mean sound is working and so is internet...so i guess i don`t know what to include from multibeat!!! can you help please...i`m so close..please help me with my config in multibeast....and by the way i`ve got ATI HD5450 1G DDR3 as video adapter.
Have a look there...i think that is what you're looking for -> http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-get-iboot-functionality-from.html

THX karacho!!!

i needed to know what to include and that made sense to me..it helped but i had to remove AppleHDA kest from extension folder to get Sound, and i had to check the exact selection from that post to make my internet work and it did....i`m happy now.

thx so much my friend but there`s this other strange problem with Itunes 10.2.1, whenever i launch it, the computer freezes completely and becomes unresponsive...keyboard doesn`t work and neither does the mouse until i shut the computer down and start it again, so is it just me or is someone else having this problem? am i being hacked or something without me knowing about it...i really need to learn alot about hackintosh...and i can`t survive without your help. please do!

thx again.

Re: [Solved] What should i back up? help needed!!!

This is How it worked

for my system sound. i had te remove AppleHDA from S L E (sytem/library/extensions) and then from the multibeast menu i had to chech the first voodoo under universal, but microphone is not working but no biggie for now!!!

for network, i had to include AppleIntelE1000. and it worked just like that!!!

if someone can figure out what the problem is with Itunes, i`d be a happier man!!!

Thx.

So far so good with the Itunes Freezing and all, installed Onyx, disabled the Itunes store and ping or genius. opened safari, apple itunes portal and Itunes launches auto and rebuilds library and voila!!! now it`s ok...at least for now...will report if something goes wrong!!!

so now you have a workaround to try on your end until somebody looks into it.

hope it helps.

love you all!!! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back