Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I have an Asrock Z97 Extreme6 with a 4790K, no video cards, running 10.10.5 that's been stable for a while. There's a pending update that was published on 21 Oct 2015 that calls itself Security Update 2015-004 v1.0. Unfortunately, according to Apple's website, 2015-004 was published in April, and in any case, should have been included in 10.10.4. There was an update published on 21 Oct, 2015-007, but that's not what it's called here.
Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 12.46.08 PM.png
Since I can't even tell what update it is, I have no idea if it's safe to install. Any ideas what update it is and if it's safe to install? I'm hesitating from going to 10.11 since USB3 still seems to be a crapfest and I actually use USB3 heavily on this machine.

I agree that they mis-named the update. Its full name is "Apple Security Update 2015-004 1.0" meaning it is the second release of the update. Not much info is available, but Apple did post the following download page: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1847, however the link for the description of the contents goes to a page that doesn't list the update. It does list an update for El Capitan and Security Update 2015-007 for the same release date that does list items available for Yosemite 10.10.5. Beyond that, for those of us using the NVIDIA drivers, it does change the System Version number and does require an update to the signature of their driver for which NVIDIA has supplied new drivers. For me the Apple update also seemed to uninstall the Mackintosh AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset driver, so I reinstalled all of my drivers. Everything seems to be working fine now.

OK, so this is 2015-004 Yosemite and contains the same patches as 2015-007 Mavericks.

Unfortunately, the evidence on stability for this update seems to be mixed with my specific motherboard and since this is a server, updates aren't life and death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back