Contribute
Register

What program do you use to extract rar files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t know if this is the correct place to write this (sorry if I have made a mistake)

I have used Bestzip, it works ok but I have a problem due to this program detect the corrupt files but doesn´t notify you about this. When it founds a problem during extracting it says “Password incorrect” or “The files cannot be processed” but doesn´t say (like winrar in windows) the file “ABC.70.rar” is corrupted. So I don´t know what file I would get again to solve this problem.

Someone knows how to do that in MACOSX?

Thanks!

Have you tried unrarx? And are you absolutely sure the file you're trying to open isn't password protected?

adrianjgsmith said:
Have you tried unrarx? And are you absolutely sure the file you're trying to open isn't password protected?

I have unrarx but I haven´t proved it, I will. I am absolutely sure that the file isn´t password protected (I can extract in Windows 7 and it says that one file is corrupted. When I donwload this file I can extract. The problem is that all this process I have to do in Windows because Bestzip doesn´t tell me the file that is corrupted to download again)

Thanks!

Thanks for all your advices, I have proved all programs and finally I had the solution on my hand.... Unrarx have a test for the files that was I need.

Anyway, I have proved Unarchiver and is a great application too.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back