Contribute
Register

what Pci sound card is compatible with mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Jingsha X79 Dual S8
CPU
2x E5-2690 v2
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I'm looking to find out what are my options in buying a sound card that's straight out the box compatible with mojave mac os? And nooo i am not looking into getting a usb audio adaptor. My onboard ALC 1150 is not working so i'm looking to buy a good (not too expensive) sound card.

You should be able to get 1150 working.
The new applealc.kext is ridiculously effective at getting audio up and running. The community can help with that and if you are interested, please post some problem reporting files.

To your original question:
There are usb dongles for audio that are very cheap.

You should be able to get 1150 working.
The new applealc.kext is ridiculously effective at getting audio up and running. The community can help with that and if you are interested, please post some problem reporting files.

To your original question:
There are usb dongles for audio that are very cheap.

hey men can you help me to make alc3820 working.

Since new 10.14.3 mojave update, my alc 1150 stopped working. I'm only getting hdmi audio from the rx 580

@rayceyiii,

I updated my White Knight system yesterday to 10.14.3 ... ALC1150 Codec still working fine .. using latest versions of Lilu + WhatEverGreen + AppleALC, layout-id =1.

Check for the AppleHDA HPET issue, its at the bottom of the AppleALC section of the guide i linked you to.

If you require help, please supply PR files as per this guide :-
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back