Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 750 2GB OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking for a new mouse and hopefully something that works well with ML gestures if possible. I was looking into the Microsoft Arc Touch mouse but I wasn't sure if that would work. So what mouse do you use?.

-BB

If you want a touch mouse, buy an Apple Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad. Otherwise, buy Microsoft or Logitech.

I've just borrowed an Apple bluetooth magic mouse and an apple bluetooth keyboard 2 days ago.
My result:
+ the keyboard cannot be connected although be recognized.
+ magic mouse can be connected but become disconnected after that.

I don't know the reason.
Are there anybody try these devices? Could you guide me how to use them?

My Probook:
+ 4530s, BIOS F23.
+ Run ML by HP Installer beta 8 from tegezee.

I'm using a Magic Trackpad on my desktop and the regular 4530s trackpad on my laptop, it might not be as amazing as the Magic Trackpad, but it does it's job. If you really want a mouse that properly works with OS X gestures, it would be a magic mouse, without a doubt.

A great tip before you start thinking about buying any of those above: The built-in bluetooth that comes with the 4530s is not compatible with the magic mouse or magic trackpad. I have not heard of a single person who have managed to pair these devices with the built-in bluetooth without having extreme mouse-lag, gestures incompatibility and constant disconnects. If you want them to work you'll need to buy a compatible bluetooth dongle or install a MacBook bluetooth inside of the 4530s.

I'm using a Magic Trackpad on my desktop and the regular 4530s trackpad on my laptop, it might not be as amazing as the Magic Trackpad, but it does it's job. If you really want a mouse that properly works with OS X gestures, it would be a magic mouse, without a doubt.

A great tip before you start thinking about buying any of those above: The built-in bluetooth that comes with the 4530s is not compatible with the magic mouse or magic trackpad. I have not heard of a single person who have managed to pair these devices with the built-in bluetooth without having extreme mouse-lag, gestures incompatibility and constant disconnects. If you want them to work you'll need to buy a compatible bluetooth dongle or install a MacBook bluetooth inside of the 4530s.

I'm using a magic mouse connected with my HP bluetooth without any problem. Don't have any problem pairing, all gestures working with no lag and no disconnect problem. Don't have any problem with my magic track pad either.

I'm using a magic mouse connected with my HP bluetooth without any problem. Don't have any problem pairing, all gestures working with no lag and no disconnect problem. Don't have any problem with my magic track pad either.

Did you run it on ML? (HP Installer beta 8).

What sorcery is this? How did you manage that? I have tried for ages to get any of the two of them to work without a dongle and searched around for an answer to the built-in bluetooth question and all I've found is people trying desperately in vain to connect the things without having issues.

Did you run it on ML? (HP Installer beta 8).

I have it connected to both lion 10.7.4 and ML 10.8. No I don't use the probook installer, I have my own set of kexts.

What sorcery is this? How did you manage that? I have tried for ages to get any of the two of them to work without a dongle and searched around for an answer to the built-in bluetooth question and all I've found is people trying desperately in vain to connect the things without having issues.
what bluetooth card u have in ur probook? is it the 9285! if yes, it must work with it cause i have the magic mouse and apple wireless KB working fine with my 4530s and 9285 card.

I thought the 9285 referred to the Atheros wireless card? I have a 4530s with an i3-2310M CPU and intel HD3000 graphics, I have been toying with the idea of getting a magic mouse, so from what I've read, there is a good chance it might work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back