Contribute
Register

What motherboards with Thunderbolt 3 work with a 8th generation i7-8700K processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thaks for your reply
Of course I do. I see My thunderbolt configuration on bios..I Enabled it. No Security, make it bootable, skip Option ROM etc..still no luck.
View attachment 320934

on dPCI Manager I didn't see my thunderbolt card
View attachment 320935

maybe your tips (firmware upgrade) on windows will useful for me..but i don't have any hardisk to install windows on it
but anyway thank you. I'll try it
my also its not regonized there , but its working fine , i have test external thunderbolt 3 HD using adapter thundbolt 3 to 2 , and audio inteface ,
monitore i have not test

Thaks for your reply
Of course I do. I see My thunderbolt configuration on bios..I Enabled it. No Security, make it bootable, skip Option ROM etc..still no luck.
View attachment 320934

on dPCI Manager I didn't see my thunderbolt card
View attachment 320935

maybe your tips (firmware upgrade) on windows will useful for me..but i don't have any hardisk to install windows on it
but anyway thank you. I'll try it
try to connect any thundebolt device to test , if you have not any thundbolt 3 device , get an adapter 3 to 2

my also its not regonized there , but its working fine , i have test external thunderbolt 3 HD using adapter thundbolt 3 to 2 , and audio inteface ,
monitore i have not test

hmm it's strange
I also have lacie rugged thunderbolt with usb type c 2 TB. When I plugged usb c to Thunderbolt 3 alpine ridge, nothing happened

try to connect any thundebolt device to test , if you have not any thundbolt 3 device , get an adapter 3 to 2
Lacie rugged comed with Thunderbolt connector. When I plugged it, nothing happened

hmm it's strange
I also have lacie rugged thunderbolt with usb type c 2 TB. When I plugged usb c to Thunderbolt 3 alpine ridge, nothing happened
hmmm...maybe its all about chipset , for me on z370 aorus gaming 7 /8700K its work , i use apple thunderbolt adapter to connect my audio interface ,

Lacie rugged comed with Thunderbolt connector. When I plugged it, nothing happened
connect thundebolt before started , try please connect thundebolt device in bios mode , and boot your hakintosh , as there are no loaded drivers its impossible to see any thundebolt deivece in OSX sierra , try to do follow steps
shut down
remove power cable for 30 sec plug it back
connect thundebolt
and start you hack
let me know

connect thundebolt before started , try please connect thundebolt device in bios mode , and boot your hakintosh , as there are no loaded drivers its impossible to see any thundebolt deivece in OSX sierra , try to do follow steps
shut down
remove power cable for 30 sec plug it back
connect thundebolt
and start you hack
let me know

thank you @elamored
I follow your instrcution. I plugged usb type c lacie rugged to thunderbolt 3. and restart it. enter BIOS and press F5. (load optimized) then save & Exit (F10).
and Suddenly my lacie hackintosh recognized it. but still under usb 3.1 not on thunderbolt section.
Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 19.25.45.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 19.26.01.png

and dPCI Manager recognize my Thunderbolt Alpine Ridge
Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 19.26.17.png

but when I restarted it, I can't boot to macOS again. stuck at OsxAptionfix2drv-64 does printf work??
then I shutdown, and turn it on again. it work again.

Last edited:
Well, I am so happy you responded. I have a Z370 Gaming 5 and Thunderbolt 3 works just fine on it. And yes, it IS stable. AND, I have working stable Thunderbolt 3 working on my X99 board too. But fine, you just go and do what you need to do, and I'll enjoy my Gaming 5 (WITH working stable Thunderbolt 3)....

Have a nice day.....

Hello! I'm having some issues with my i7 8700k / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS gaming 5/ Corsair 2 x 16 gb 3000MHZ/ Alpine Ridge TB 3 card, IGPU machine which will trigger random freezes when I'm working or sometimes ( recording , editing ) or simply just loading a program, described in this thread -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-random-freeze.249631/

I also sometimes encounter an error logo after the Apple logo at startup in CLOVER.

The TB3 card is all working but I had to mess with the BIOS settings for awhile and might have changed something that I shouldn't have or I've totally missed something when Installing the machine in the beginning.

Are you able to share your BIOS settings , EFI & config.plist?

Also was wondering what your thoughts are on the freezing issue?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks

Last edited:
Hello! I'm having some issues with my i7 8700k / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS gaming 5/ Corsair 2 x 16 gb 3000MHZ/ Alpine Ridge TB 3 card, IGPU machine which will trigger random freezes when I'm working or sometimes ( recording , editing ) or simply just loading a program, described in this thread -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-random-freeze.249631/

I also sometimes encounter an error logo after the Apple logo at startup in CLOVER.

The TB3 card is all working but I had to mess with the BIOS settings for awhile and might have changed something that I shouldn't have or I've totally missed something when Installing the machine in the beginning.

Are you able to share your BIOS settings , EFI & config.plist?

Also was wondering what your thoughts are on the freezing issue?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks

Sorry, don't know what that's all about. The only thoughts I would have would be very general: when it doubt, start going back to basic settings, like no overclocking, no RAM profiles, etc. Also make sure the firmware from Gigabyte is updated on the card properly.

Perhaps its only because I use thunderbolt for drive access that I've had such stability.

I will say that some folks who have audio utilities have had some trouble.....here's some guys to try @Macboy123 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rus-ug-16gb-ram-2x-ssd-zotac-gtx-1080.235987/), he has his EFI posted, and I think he is an audio guy.

Or try @BoomR, also an audio guy (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...z370-aorus-ug-i7-8700k-ga-aorus-rx580.245362/)

That's all I can do for you right now. Good luck.

Sorry, don't know what that's all about. The only thoughts I would have would be very general: when it doubt, start going back to basic settings, like no overclocking, no RAM profiles, etc. Also make sure the firmware from Gigabyte is updated on the card properly.

Perhaps its only because I use thunderbolt for drive access that I've had such stability.

I will say that some folks who have audio utilities have had some trouble.....here's some guys to try @Macboy123 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rus-ug-16gb-ram-2x-ssd-zotac-gtx-1080.235987/), he has his EFI posted, and I think he is an audio guy.

Or try @BoomR, also an audio guy (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...z370-aorus-ug-i7-8700k-ga-aorus-rx580.245362/)

That's all I can do for you right now. Good luck.

Can you share EFI or BIOS settings pls? Are you using the latest BIOS firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back