Contribute
Register

What Mother board MOBO and CPU processor buy to use Lion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
W8
CPU
i3 2105
Graphics
8600GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello.

My mobo it´s dead, so I´m going to buy a new mobo and cpu, I want they most compatible as possible with Lion. I don´t need the faster CPU and the best mobo, I only want that they work well. Can you help me to choose one mobo and CPU?

Thanks

I suggest you stroll thru the user build section forum on the board to see if something strikes your eye in your $$ range.

there are plenty of combo's out there

Thanks!!

What do you think about this mobo? Asus P8P67 LE Rev.3.0

Do you think that is better Asus or Gigabyte?

The CPU looks great, but it´s too expensive for me, can you recommend me another one please?

I´m going to see the user build section thanks.

Thanks

its really basically up to you... price can play a major roll gigabyte and asus boards are what people use the most... i just happen to have better luck with asus ...i feel they are far more superior. I5 processors are great too better in price..

Hello.

That mobo it´s in osx86 wiki like 100% working, that´s beacuse the question. I have seen that mobo for 85€, I have seen a Gigabyte H67M-D2 here viewtopic.php?f=54&t=34222 that the user say that work well for 72€ The two mobo looks great but I think that the asus is better, due the usb 3.0 ports.

Do you think that the asus P8P67 LE will work well?

The cpu i like the i3 2100, it´s about 100€, it´s a good processor and not too expensive.

If you have some time and you want, I´m going to buy the mobo and cpu in www.amazon.es so if you can check it and recommend me one or two models i´ll be very gratefully with you.

Thanks for all :thumbup:

the I3 is a fine cpu... the asus p8p67 le will work with no issues... follow tonymac86 instructions to install os x and you will be golden... good luck with your build...

Thanks for your help.

The i3 I have to choose between the 13 2100 (102€) and the i3 550 (84€) What do you think that is better?

The mobo i´m looking the asus and gigabyte, i like the p8p67 le (85€), but I´m looking more for if there is a better mobo in a similar price.

Hello tio,

I think a good starting point is TonyMac's guide, which really outlines a pretty cheap build that works fine.
That or checking the Lion Guides and "copying" a successful one.

I think you can't go wrong with either, as they are proved to "work" for at least someone else.
Unlike me, with the MSI board that seems to give more headaches than kodak moments :banghead:

And a good reference for the future is Tom's Hardware's "CPU Chart", that, although aimed at gamers mostly, constitute an excellent starting point (they also have a GPU chart, and both are constantly updated).

Oh and if you have the extra Euros to spare, I'd take the 2100 in a heartbeat over the 550.
I mean, 550 is really old architecture now, and remember they are meant for different sockets.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing the chart and the tonymac mac mini I choose the i3 2100 (about 100€) because it´s better and there are more owners with this.

Now I have to choose the mobo.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back