Register

What Monitor or Display Do You Use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one 27" LG Flatron W2753V

lg-w2753v-pf-full-hd-lcd-display.jpg

And 2 Dell U2711's

monitor-dell-u2711-overview4.jpg

but i'm having a really crappy time calibrating them for use with my hacky, does anyone have any suggestions/settings/icc profiles for getting this setup to work? I've already tried apple's calibration utility as well as using the i1 monitor calibrator with some but not 100% success :/

azerogslim.jpg

Monoprice Zero G slim.
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=10509&seq=1&format=2

390 bucks and exactly the same panel that the new slim Imac's use, even has the MIC hole (no mic in it). Just like the IMAC it is glossy, so if you prefer matte or use the computer near a window with light coming in, this is a bad choice. If you like the new IMAC display though this is an absolute steal.

Stand is nothing special (usable but not great) but it has a VESA mount and can look very classy if you use one (see vid below). Warning this does NOT have miniport/displayport, and comes with a dual link dvi cable that works just fine. You HAVE to use the dual link to get highest res.

3 of them VESA mounted. I don't have the video card power to do this, but it would be pretty awesome :).
[video=youtube;qbMjfiSx6p4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbMjfiSx6p4[/video]

Auria from microcenter is supposed to be pretty good as well.

Apple 27" Cinema Display (non-Thunderbolt) that I mostly use with my Hackintosh.

I also have a Dell U2412 I sometimes hook up alongside, but mostly I use that on my treadmill desk with my MacBook Pro.

I've tried calibrating a U2410 and a U2412, and I have never really been satisfied with the color. Especially on the U2410, on which red 255 tends to be either a muddled orange, or a nuclear-intense red. It's not so bad when used alone, but if used next to an Apple display it really irks me.

I have a Dell U2713HM which I love to use for photo editing, also not experienced any problems with it in regards to gaming.

My second monitor is a HP 23xi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back