2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
mon1.png
mon2.jpeg

What monitor do you currently use?

:thumbup:

mon4.png

I was in the dark ages until a few months ago, I picked up this nice cheap 23" LG display. I'm not super picky, just wanted something cheap and big with LED backlight, HDMI audio capabilities and VGA/DVI/HDMI port options.

LG Flatiron E2350 23" LED
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003D9SJ5S/

Update 2014: Still using the LG :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a simple set up really, nothing special a 27" Apple Cinema Display.

I use the mini-display port to a Sapphire 6870 GPU
Audio in and out with iSite camera though the USB and all works great.

Dell UltraSharp U2410
dell-ultrasharp-u2410.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2410-Performance-DisplayPort/dp/B00302DNZ4

What I love most about the U2410 besides the great image is all of the inputs:

(2) Digital Visual Interface - Digital (DVI-D) with HDCP
(1) DisplayPort(DP)
(1) High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
(1) Video Graphics Array (VGA)
(1) Component
(1) Composite

Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW
dell-ultrasharp-2005fpw.jpg
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/popupproductdetail.aspx?sku=463-6192

The 2005FPW is an oldie but goodie and is perfect as a second screen.

Apple Cinema HD Display 23" (Acrylic Model)
Paired with an ADC to DVI adapter to split the single lead into DVI-D, USB and Power

Works great with my old PC now, and will be the display I will use once my Hackintosh is built

I have a several work stations for my systems.

At one station, I am using an older 23" Apple Cinema Display with the DVI interface at 1920x1200 attached to an IOGear KVM switch for Zorro, PowerMac G5, stock G4 Cube and a Mac G4 Hot Rodded Sawtooth.
apple_cinema_display_23.jpeg
Although my computers connect through the KVM switch, I have a second monitor, an old Dell SP2208WP A00 monitor with DVI, HDMI and VGA connectors. Zorro's is connected via HDMI for two screens while DVI is used for a two screen display for my Mac Sawtooth destop and the VGA is used for my Mac Cube running OS 9.2.2.

320-6252.jpg
At another station, I have a HP ZR24W monitor for Thunderball, Son of Zorro, Batman and HacCube on an IOGear KVM switch.

Finally, at station for my older Mac 7600, I have an old NEC LCD1980SXi.
nec_LCD1980SXi-Bk.jpg

1. 27" ACD
2. A small 15" (not sure why, its good for live feeds like police chases etc...)
3. 46" HDTV via HDMI cable.

XFX HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon 6870

Delighted to see this thread. The monitor is my last big decision, build-wise, but after opting for higher end components in the build, it's eaten into my monitor budget - which was originally $500 for the Dell U2410 (as a graphic designer, I need a decent monitor) or potentially a 27" 2560 x 1440. (There was a HP 27" that fit the bill, the ZR2740w that's available for under $700, but questioning if I need something that big).

Now tho, my budget is more like $300, unless I can get work to pick up the bill, so I'm scrambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back