Contribute
Register

What kind of cpu heatsink/fan should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i3
Graphics
GT 640
I don't overclock my cpu, don't plan to, but will keep in mind just incase. I currently have the stock intel fan installed and was wondering what kind should I buy to keep my cpu cooler? My cpu is pretty good, its always a 28-35 C, and the highest its been so far when I run iMovie was 44 C. Thats good right? anyways, I'm shopping for a good cpu fan/heatsink any advice or tips to which one to buy?

Those temps are great. They are nothing to be concerned about. I say save your money. No matter what you read, a properly installed Intel retail heatsink is absolutely capable of safely cooling your CPU.

If you want to over-clock (hard to say but you do state you don't plan to) one of the best coolers for the money is the Cooler Master 212+ which is about $30
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

I have one, but haven't installed it yet. I'm saving it for my next build. It's very popular and quite capable for basic over-clocking.

You just need to research and answer the following: Will it fit in my case? Will it fit my board (and not bump into the ram, etc.)? Will it be too loud for my tastes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back