Contribute
Register

What it means to hackintosh community as Huawei also designed HiSilicon ARM CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 UD AX
CPU
i5-12400F
Graphics
Readon RX 6600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
You heard it right. I know its nothing to get excited about it as they both customized their own ARM CPU differently. But we all know Huawei. What if somehow the instruction sets become similar, will it open a new door to our community?

They also developed a desktop motherboard too.

Last edited:
You heard it right. I know its nothing to get excited about it as they both customized their own ARM CPU differently. But we all know Huawei. What if somehow the instruction sets become similar, will it open a new door to our community?
The instruction set is exactly what apple LIC from ARM chances are that Huawei and apple use the same instruction set. I am not sure if Apple uses ARM cores or if they design their own but really the similarity's end at the instruction set. If Huawei chip ended up being the same as Apples it would be because they stole it.

Sounds like it's nothing at all like the Apple M1 SoC. Besides Apple's T2 is proprietary and they can't simply copy that without major legal ramifications. Ever heard of the neverending Apple/Samsung lawsuits ?

Unlike Apple, Huawei is using standard components for the rest of the computer. There are four UDIMM slots supporting up to 64 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM. Up to six SATA 3.0 drives can be connected for mass storage, plus two M.2 SSDs.

One configuration was photographed with an 8-core CPU, 8GB of RAM, a 256GB SSD, a DVD drive, the R7 430 GPU and a 180W power brick.
Using a dGPU and a 180W power brick, sounds like it's nothing like Apple Silicon.

Sounds like it's nothing at all like the Apple M1 SoC. Besides Apple's T2 is proprietary and they can't simply copy that without major legal ramifications.
So may be the only exception is T2 but wouldn't be it hackintosh compatible?

So may be the only exception is T2 but wouldn't be it hackintosh compatible?

Apple M1 has a lot more than standard ARM, and that's just the CPU. There's a lot more in a computer than a CPU.

So the answer is 100% chance NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back