Contribute
Register

what is ur experience with crucial BX100 250 gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm about to buy crucial bx 100 250 gb for my macbook pro 9.2

ur experience ?
if any one has this SSD plz show me it's speed

I'm using a previous model Crucial SSD in my MBP8,3 (M500, 960GB) and it works fine. The BX100 series is the entry level. I recommend the MX series for more robust speed.

After installation, be user to use this Terminal command to enable TRIM.
Code:
sudo trimforce enable

I'm using a previous model Crucial SSD in my MBP8,3 (M500, 960GB) and it works fine. The BX100 series is the entry level. I recommend the MX series for more robust speed.
I've used the MX200 and it is much better than the BX100/200. The BX versions have TLC NAND flash and have very poor write speeds, even slower than many mechanical drives. The MX200 (500GB) or MX300 (525GB) are much better choices for a boot drive for OS X. Don't cost a huge amount more either. @Dramroun if you only need 250 GBs get the MX200 as the I/O is better than MX300 275GB. You can read about the BX SSDs performance on the Anandtech site.

yes many youtube videos show that MX 300 is very very slow but BX 100 is faster

so what is the alternative ?
samsung evo has many problems

My MX200 reads and writes are both over 500 MB/s and just about max out Sata 3.
Not sure why that is considered slow. You'd have to go with an M.2 SSD to do better.

The MX200 also has MLC Nand. Do some research online about why that is important
for an SSD.

is MX200 is sata or mSata ?
Mine is a conventional Sata 2.5" SSD but I believe you can also get an mSata or M.2 version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back