Contribute
Register

What is this? I can't boot to my clover. Both hdd and usb doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P55A-UD3
CPU
Xeon X3460 @3,6 Ghz OC
Graphics
PNY GTX 960 2GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys, I just tried to update my El Capitan to Sierra 10.12.1. i tried using the direct method. Download the Install macOS Sierra and click + download, and reboot but now I'm stuck at the photo below. I thought the problem was on my Clover in HDD. But when I try to boot the clover from a fresh installed USB, the same screen pops up :( what can I do? Thanks for before

i3 540
Gigabyte P55A UD3 F11
Zotac AMP GTX 660 Ti
8GB DDR3

Attachments

• IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 377
Thanks for the link :) I just followed the guide, but I can't open the BOOTX64.efi it keeps getting me back to the boot maintenance manager page. Do you have an idea?

I have the same issue. I think it corresponds to the last Clover Update I did. I also have no idea how to fix it. If anybody would be so kind and shed some more light, it would be awesome.

I have the same issue. I think it corresponds to the last Clover Update I did. I also have no idea how to fix it. If anybody would be so kind and shed some more light, it would be awesome.

I just noticed something. It really has to do with the latest clover. I just made a new installation usb drive with unibeast, and the clover in the usb is loaded. Just give it a try ! maybe u can get to the clover boot too :) anyway I dont really know anything about the Boot Maintenance Manager. I think people nowadays have the UEFI and don't meet with this Legacy problems :)

I just noticed something. It really has to do with the latest clover. I just made a new installation usb drive with unibeast, and the clover in the usb is loaded. Just give it a try ! maybe u can get to the clover boot too :) anyway I dont really know anything about the Boot Maintenance Manager. I think people nowadays have the UEFI and don't meet with this Legacy problems :)

So did you just overwrite the old EFI and now it works? I kicked myself because I didn't follow the old "never change a running system"...

So did you just overwrite the old EFI and now it works? I kicked myself because I didn't follow the old "never change a running system"...
I copied the EFI from my usb to the EFI Partition in my HD = still boots to the Boot Maintenance Manager. I installed lower version of Clover (which has Legacy and EFI option) I've choosen the Legacy, and now it can boot without the usb. It seems the latest Clover is only for the UEFI imo. Sadly my stable El Capitan goes to the not fully working macOS Sierra, and I have to find a way to activate my Graphic Card, which doesn't work till now.

I copied the EFI from my usb to the EFI Partition in my HD = still boots to the Boot Maintenance Manager. I installed lower version of Clover (which has Legacy and EFI option) I've choosen the Legacy, and now it can boot without the usb. It seems the latest Clover is only for the UEFI imo. Sadly my stable El Capitan goes to the not fully working macOS Sierra, and I have to find a way to activate my Graphic Card, which doesn't work till now.
Awesome, thanks. I also created a new Clover drive (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/test-drive-how-to-create-a-clover-usb.127134/), booted into the system and just updated the already installed clover to v3923. This fixed it. So it probably was a bug in v3922.

Awesome, thanks. I also created a new Clover drive (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/test-drive-how-to-create-a-clover-usb.127134/), booted into the system and just updated the already installed clover to v3923. This fixed it. So it probably was a bug in v3922.
Good to hear that :D They should have write it down, that the 3922 is buggy :eek: I have to install anything from the beginning since I just messed up the whole things with the holy KEXT :eek: And my Sierra work just fine now. Just gonna stick with my v3766 Clover, as long as it works, I don't have to replace it. I don't have the guts to install anything for now :D Do you know why people like to update their clover boot loader? Does it bring us something?

Good to hear that :D They should have write it down, that the 3922 is buggy :eek: I have to install anything from the beginning since I just messed up the whole things with the holy KEXT :eek: And my Sierra work just fine now. Just gonna stick with my v3766 Clover, as long as it works, I don't have to replace it. I don't have the guts to install anything for now :D Do you know why people like to update their clover boot loader? Does it bring us something?
I have no idea why people update. I did it because I can't resist an update (stupid me). :-D

I figure newer is better? Just FYI with 3923 it works flawlessly. I booted my machine several time successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back