Contribute
Register

What Is The Recommend i7 Board For Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FatShenanigans said:
Ahhh I think I understand where you are coming from now. The Leopard days of the X58. Yea you did need a voodoo kernel back then :thumbdown: That's why I was already running the SL vanilla beta back in early August as a means of avoiding the kernel panic era of the X58 :D

Yes, it was back in the Stone Age... I mean Leopard. Anyway, I'm biased by my good experience with a Gigabyte board so I'm going to recommend those, although if you search around people have successfully installed with other manufacturers as well.

I'm seriously considering creating a webpage that lists "packages" of mobos and other equipment which are known to work well with OSX and list the various geekbench scores people have posted for them.

split them up according to retail price, mix and match mobos, GPUs, CPUs and RAM....

ne0shell said:
I'm seriously considering creating a webpage that lists "packages" of mobos and other equipment which are known to work well with OSX and list the various geekbench scores people have posted for them.

split them up according to retail price, mix and match mobos, GPUs, CPUs and RAM....

Nice idea- it would be a good pdf as well- considering all of the different hardware combinations. Back in November VGM10000 tried to put a P55 buyers guide together. But I have no idea if it's been updated. You could check the original P55 thread here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 55&st=1500

I'm doing some investigative work on it right now.

I want to list out all the various hardware and pull up best prices online depending on the user's location. (That way people in Europe can see EU pricing and providers who actually ship there rather than just doing a US centric thing).

I'll go through the insanely mac database and add in some other chip sets as well.

I'm looking at web designers and CM backends right now, if I can do it for less than a couple of hundred or so I'll do it. I have the domain name so it's a start...

That's a fantastic idea. I've been looking for something like that for a while before I buy my new rig. Hey - why don't you start with the U.S - i7 Core CPU..... :lol:

Thanks for your efforts in advance... look forward to seeing it....

John

ne0shell said:
I'm doing some investigative work on it right now.

I want to list out all the various hardware and pull up best prices online depending on the user's location. (That way people in Europe can see EU pricing and providers who actually ship there rather than just doing a US centric thing).

I'll go through the insanely mac database and add in some other chip sets as well.

I'm looking at web designers and CM backends right now, if I can do it for less than a couple of hundred or so I'll do it. I have the domain name so it's a start...

There are affiliate programs that do that. Tom's hardware has ads that can give you an example. They are geo-targeted like Google ads.

What are you are describing is much larger and far more expensive than you probably would guess even if you outsourced it. You'd be much better off if you did it as a hobby yourself using one of the simple web editors out there. I started out with FrontPage2000 as a teenager and I was able to figure it out had a multi page site up by the end of the day.

Most web designers charge based on the page and usually charge a high monthly maintenance fee. Since what you are describing will cover dozens or even hundreds of pages of info, the price will several thousand Euro rather than a couple hundred. I've built a large sites before even though it's not my main job and working overtime knowing exactly what I was doing, it still took me over 2 months to finish. Just imagine having someone do it who doesn't understand Hackintosh. Scary.

EDIT - I think you meant CF as in Cold Fusion? If so what I said wouldn't apply. But it would be a huge task to gather all of the data since I've looked at the insanelymac database and there's barely anything submitted. It would be nice to see happen though.

It's not as nice as a real site but what about using Google Docs - lay it out in the form of a spreadsheet... keep it simple at first and maybe even have other add their rig to it and once you have something compiled as a spreadsheet doc - you can start from there..... nothing fancy but really the bottom line is - use this mobo/ram/cpu, etc in this price range....

My 2 cents. I expect change please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back