Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI mpg z390 gaming
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
5700XT
I just finished installing Catalina for the first time on my build and I’m on the post-installation part of the guide.

MultiBeast doesn’t seem to work but I’m just wondering what it’s actually supposed to do?

I kind of get that it installing kexts and drivers but where is it installing them too? I wanted to know since you basically have to install the kexts and drivers yourself until a new MultiBeast update comes out.

Can anyone explain what it does and where you should be placing kexts and drivers manually?
Thanks in advance

Kexts = /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Drivers = /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI

the entire install can be done manually. you just need to know what to put where and why.

Multi beast also installs clover to the EFI partition which is where the Kexts and drivers should go for Catalina. Your drive or ssd has two main partitions (there are others that generally don’t need attention like the preboot and recovery) the large one is where the OSX is and all the files and apps. And another the EFI which is hidden and needs to be mounted for access. The EFI is where the clover bootloader goes and it is a small partition. This needs clover or other bootloader in order to boot without the USB stick.

Go to the top tool bar and select Finder then go to Preferences and open, then check the box next to Hard Drive. Now all your drives that are mounted (EFI) will show up or any other drives you may have in the system as long as they are formatted.

go to the downloads section and get EFIMounter and select Mount option and choose disk0s1 to mount the EFI and it will appear on the desktop. Open and it should be empty. You can drag the EFI folder from the USB to it and have a bootable drive but you will probably want to add drivers and Kexts to get the system working better.

I kind of get that it installing kexts and drivers but where is it installing them too?

MultiBeast tells you what it is doing (and where) :

MB.png

And another the EFI which is hidden and needs to be mounted for access. The EFI is where the clover bootloader goes and it is a small partition.

Ah, ok. Thanks a lot. Now I get it. So I basically mount EFI from USB and SSD and then copy the EFI to the SSD. Followed by adding any additional kexts and drivers.

Can anyone explain what it does and where you should be placing kexts and drivers manually?
It is designed for beginners to use. Makes the post install simple and fast. Everyone should learn how to do things manually anyway IMO. It's a great piece of software for hackintoshers that just want to get things done in a hurry. Which is most people BTW. This community has the highest percentage of users new to hackintoshing. Hence, we offer an app like this to help them start out with success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back