Contribute
Register

What is the most automated Nvidia/Intel setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
EVGA 1080Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been out of the Hackintosh game for a while, trying to get by, but it's just not the same. Now that I'm working from home, I don't get to do the bulk of my work on my office Mac every day, and I'm really starting to feel it.

My current setup is an 8700k with a 1080Ti. This powers a 34" Ultrawide, as well as a 27" 4k on the side. I have a small spare SSD, and I'm looking to dual boot Mac and Windows, but it looks like it's going to be a pain with switching inputs on monitors. Not to mention needing extra cables to have everything plugged in.

I still very much enjoy booting into Windows for a gaming session, and do that a few times per week, but I would like the main OS to be macOS now. Do you think I should just install the latest version of High Sierra, or is there a more automated way that I'm not thinking of that would allow me to use Mojave or Catalina, at no extra cost?

Real long shot, but I'm assuming that I can't the Intel GPU passed through the Nvidia card?

High Sierra only due to the GPU
no pass through possible but you can easily switch inputs on the monitor if you want Latest OSx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back