Contribute
Register

What is the minimum nvidia graphics card with the Metal v2 API for Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I didn't know that. Thanks for the information. Which is the minimum card to reach 60Hz at 4k?

No, I didn't know that. Thanks for the information. Which is the minimum card to reach 60Hz at 4k?
You'd be best off buying the NVS 510 and connecting both 4K monitors to it. Try searching Ebay for a used one if you don't want to spend over $100 on a new 510. It's not a great idea to run two lesser cards at the same time.

Oh really thanks for the suggestion, I will take one of them. Are nvs510 native in osx too? Mojave Catalina and earlier versions too(I mean Sierra, high Sierra) ?

Oh really thanks for the suggestion, I will take one of them. Are nvs510 native in osx too? Mojave Catalina and earlier versions too(I mean Sierra, high Sierra) ?
It will work with High Sierra through to Big Sur as it has native support. It's the most affordable card for running 3-4 4K monitors at 60 Hz in mac OS. If you don't buy a new one you need to buy Mini DP to HDMI 2.0 cables. Find those on Amazon.com. If your monitors have DP inputs then get the mini DP to DP 1.2 or higher cables.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0731GNYCN/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
That's great!
Thanks a lot trs96!!!

If using a 4K TV these may be the best option.

This appears to be the lowest cost Mini DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter if you've already got good HDMI 2.0 cables.

Mini DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter transmits both audio and video from computer to HDTV display. Adapter supports video resolutions up to 3840x2160 (Ultra HD) at 60 Hz and flawless audio pass-thru for uncompressed digital 7.1, 5.1 or 2 channels.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PJ3LSIG/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Hello, I just want to tell you that I received nvs510 card and it works perfectly! I had minidisplay adapters from my old imac. Everything works great! I don't know if it works in old OSX versions... Do you think nvs510 is supported in snow leopard and lion?

I don't know if it works in old OSX versions... Do you think nvs510 is supported in snow leopard and lion?
No to Snow Leopard and Lion. Support started with Mt. Lion so you can install that or even Mavericks which is my personal favorite version of Mac OS X. Mt. Lion was launched in the latter part of 2012 (October) and Lion came out in July, 2011.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the info. I will try it in mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back