Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS x542un (laptop)
CPU
Intel Core I7-8550u
Graphics
Intel UHD 620\Nvidia MX150
Hello everyone. I am build Hackintosh and need cheep graphics card with Metal API Support for OS X Mojave. Maybe Gigabyte GT 710 1gb GDDR5 (64 bit)?

Hello everyone. I am build Hackintosh and need cheep graphics card with Metal API Support for OS X Mojave. Maybe Gigabyte GT 710 1gb GDDR5 (64 bit)?

The Metal API is supported only on Nvidia Kepler based cards (GTX 6xx) or later. The GT710 is based on the Kepler chip so supposedly it should support Metal. I don't have it and so can't confirm.

The Metal API is supported only on Nvidia Kepler based cards (GTX 6xx) or later. The GT710 is based on the Kepler chip so supposedly it should support Metal. I don't have it and so can't confirm.
Thx for you answer! So on this graphics card possible to run OS X Mojave in future? I am need it because planed to work in Xcode...

Thx for you answer! So on this graphics card possible to run OS X Mojave in future? I am need it because planed to work in Xcode...
If you are a developer why don't you just test one out with Mojave beta ?

If you are a developer why don't you just test one out with Mojave beta ?
I do not have the opportunity to take such a video card, try it, and then, in case of inability return it. That's why I'm asking Hackintosh masters about it...

What about GT 730?

A GTX 740 is better from what I've been reading on the Mac Pro forums.
I am cant buy gt 740 in my country... Maybe some cheap Radeon?

Metal works ok on Geforce710 1GB, I have one of it.

It cost me $50 U.S.D.

I have graphical overlapping only one one app called Xojo, but I think that Its a Mojave's Issue

Metal works ok on Geforce710 1GB, I have one of it.

It cost me $50 U.S.D.

I have graphical overlapping only one one app called Xojo, but I think that Its a Mojave's Issue
Mojave not working with OpenGL/OpenCL now.
Most apps optimized for OpenGL\OpenCL and olny some for Metal. That why first time Mojave will a bit laggy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back