Contribute
Register

What is the impact on Apple if NVIDIA were to buy ARM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the problem, i see your side and my side, but you only see your side, you might be right about some things but for you, i’m always wrong

intel is not going to take apple back, they made that choice so they have to live with the consequences of their actions, the only time they have left with intel is until their contract expires

if apple wants intel back, that of course is not going to happen, they have to stop their so called apple silicone, which is not going to happen either, apple already made the announcement, once apple release their apple silicone then is all over between apple and intel

you wrote that i only care about nvidia, but you only care to throw dirt at nvidia because you are an amd fan

i don’t have anything personal against you, but you have to understand that there is people that think diferent

are you honestly going to tell me that amd is going to release a card that is going to be better than the 3090?

the best amd can do is something between the 3070 and the 3080 and we are talking about their best possible card, everything else goes below the 3070

this is not attacking amd in any way, just wait and see, nvidia had always had the upper hand against amd when it comes to graphics cards, those are facts, yes and is doing better than ever and who knows maybe one day they will finally beat nvidua at least for one generation, but i don’t see that happening at least not right now, maybe in a few years

see is not so bad being fair
nvidia is not making the same mistake intel did, intel really screw up, who knows if intel can ever recover

i think is good that nvidia is trying to adquire ARM , see what nvidia did with the graphic cards, so imagen what they can archive with the arm cpu, i give amd credit for their cpus even that i don’t like amd cpu and i’m an intel fan, why can’t you do the same with nvidia, you can have all the reasons to not like them but i think this deal is positive for computer power in the future

It is really not a matter of Intel taking Apple back by Vice versa. Apple is the customer Intel is the vendor.

It is really not a matter of Intel taking Apple back by Vice versa. Apple is the customer Intel is the vendor.
Dead right. Intel has lost a reasonable chunk of desktop and, particularly, mobile CPU sales by losing Apple. Their market position has not been in the best shape lately with AMD's resurgence in gaming and HEDT. Intel could have done without this.

hi Gigamaxx yes i understand your point and most likely you are right but apple made a decision to moved on from intel, yes intel might still supply apple with more intel cpu’s untill aople finally completes their transition but once that happens, i honestly don’t see intel going back to recue or help apple after apple abandoned them

maybe i’m wrong and intel might do it
but i know there are some people at intel they might feel or think the same way

if apple wants to go back to intel, they are admiting that they failed

i will love to apple stay with intel so we can continue our hackintosh comunity but apple ischanging mac os into a hybrid like mac ios

maybe i’m wrong but it does look that way or at least it gives the impression

Dead right. Intel has lost a reasonable chunk of desktop and, particularly, mobile CPU sales by losing Apple. Their market position has not been in the best shape lately with AMD's resurgence in gaming and HEDT. Intel could have done without this.
i agreed but even if intel stays with apple, is not going to be a huge % , yes it might help them a little. and money is money, it doesn’t matter how much, something isbetter than nothing, but intel might not want to do it right away, just to make sure apple doesn’t do it again, maybe intel will love to hear tim beg a little, just to get some satisfaction, no one likes to be use and move to the side, apple uses company like bubble gum then when the gum looses the flavor, apple spit them out, i don’t think that’s right, that is no way to treat a partner and intel might feel that way, intel might not even care about the little bit of money they can make as long as they can see apple fail, i know it might sound a bit sick but there are people who think that way, besides me

:lol:

Last edited:
... it might sound a bit sick but there are people who think that way, besides me
I doubt that anyone in sales and marketing at Intel would think like that. A customer is a customer. You win some, you lose some, you win some back.

I don't think the NVIDIA deal is a particular threat to Apple, at least not short/medium term. The issue that regulators will have to grapple with is that of the 500 or so ARM licensees, many (most according to Hermann Hauser, an ARM co-founder) will be in sectors where they might be competing with NVIDIA. I'm predicting that neither of the transatlantic governments will block the deal because of that but they'd be wise to remind NVIDIA in writing that anti-trust statutes are meant to prohibit a powerful licensor from imposing anti-competitive restrictions in their licenses. We saw in the 80's and 90's with Microsoft that if you give carte blanche to a powerful licensor then they eventually gravitate to not just dirty business practices but also illegal ones.

Nvidia really is not in the same business as Apple so even in the long term I do not see them as a threat to Apple. Apple Licensees have been in place for a long time Nvidia can not really alter that agreement and why would they want to it is a cash cow with all the CPU's apple makes for iPhones, apple tv, watches, soon to be laptops, and desktop. All Nvidia has to do is sit back and collect the cash. It would be stupid on their part to even make waves as there are other options.

here is the problem, i see your side and my side, but you only see your side, you might be right about some things but for you, i’m always wrong

intel is not going to take apple back, apple made that choice so they have to live with the consequences of their actions, the only time apple have left with intel is until their contract expires

if apple wants intel back, that of course is not going to happen, apple have to stop their so called apple silicone, which is not going to happen either, apple already made the announcement, once apple release their apple silicone then is all over between apple and intel

you wrote that i only care about nvidia, but you only care to throw dirt at nvidia because you are an amd fan

i don’t have anything personal against you, but you have to understand that there is people that think diferent

are you honestly going to tell me that amd is going to release a card that is going to be better than the 3090?

the best amd can do is something between the 3070 and the 3080 and we are talking about their best possible card, everything else goes below the 3070

this is not attacking amd in any way, just wait and see, nvidia had always had the upper hand against amd when it comes to graphics cards, those are facts, yes amd is doing better than ever and who knows maybe one day they will finally beat nvidia at least for one generation, but i don’t see that happening at least not right now, maybe in a few years

see is not so bad being fair
nvidia is not making the same mistake intel did, intel really screw up, who knows if intel can ever recover

i think is good that nvidia is trying to adquire ARM , see what nvidia did with the graphic cards, so imagen what they can archive with the arm cpu, i give amd credit for their cpus even that i don’t like amd cpu and i’m an intel fan, why can’t you do the same with nvidia, you can have all the reasons to not like them but i think this deal is positive for computer power in the future

If you see both sides then why do you turn every topic you post on, into Apple beat up on poor Nvidia tirade as you are doing with this post. You Obviously are emotionally invested in bashing apple to protect Nvidia's good name since you use words/phrases like "Revenge" "Get Even" "stick it to". My problem is not with Nvidia my problem is with you and your constant attempts to insert your own narrative. If you look back at every post I make to you I tell you Nvidia made a bad driver apple asked them to fix it they refused and apple said ok we are done. That's not bashing anyone. I am not an AMD fan in fact I was sad when AMD acquired ATI. However, I do not believe that AMD is trying to compete with Nvidia I think they are positioning themself exactly where they want to be. As @Gigamaxx said Intel is a vender apple is their customer if Apple decided that they wanted to use Intel chips again Intel would take them back with open arms.

Just my very humble 2 cents, but this is putting a lot of motive in a business move. Most of the time these things are for best the company and it's / shareholders goals. Apple really wanted to remove the volatility and own specific designs for it's use in it's devices. Apple's product is not really hardware but a concept and an experience. PCs were not really the end product even though these are "PCs" in some degree.

Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA are large chip vendors that build just that. That's fine, but a lot of the PC business builds around these chips. Apple doesn't, they mention in passing the CPU, but it's not the advertised feature. Never has been. Otherwise we'd see MacBook Pros advertised like Dells or others. They aren't and neither are the iDevices.

hi Gigamaxx yes i understand your point and most likely you are right but apple made a decision to moved on from intel, yes intel might still supply apple with more intel cpu’s untill aople finally completes their transition but once that happens, i honestly don’t see intel going back to recue or help apple after apple abandoned them

maybe i’m wrong and intel might do it
but i know there are some people at intel they might feel or think the same way

if apple wants to go back to intel, they are admiting that they failed

i will love to apple stay with intel so we can continue our hackintosh comunity but apple ischanging mac os into a hybrid like mac ios

maybe i’m wrong but it does look that way or at least it gives the impression

Just my very humble 2 cents, but this is putting a lot of motive in a business move. Most of the time these things are for best the company and it's / shareholders goals. Apple really wanted to remove the volatility and own specific designs for it's use in it's devices. Apple's product is not really hardware but a concept and an experience. PCs were not really the end product even though these are "PCs" in some degree.

Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA are large chip vendors that build just that. That's fine, but a lot of the PC business builds around these chips. Apple doesn't, they mention in passing the CPU, but it's not the advertised feature. Never has been. Otherwise we'd see MacBook Pros advertised like Dells or others. They aren't and neither are the iDevices.

Exactly I attended a seminar roughly 16 years ago at Sanford school of business where they discussed the changes in the PC climate. The main focus was on Microsoft and Apple, they quoted jobs saying "we are not an OS company that is Microsoft and they beat us at that a long time ago." They continue to discuss the ramifications of the next wave of computing and how media was going to play a large roll in that revolution. I have been watching that playout for the last 16 years and currently, I believe that Apple has the upper hand. Taking back the hardware stack is just one piece of the larger picture. Controlling the hardware to make the software better has always been Apple's way seems silly to get mad at them for doing what they have been doing their entire existence. When I look at Microsoft right now I see a company trying to play catch up, had they a little more balls they would have told the users to Suck it like apple does because it is for the betterment of the future.

nvidia had to use amd cpus in their server parts because intel didn’t had nothing new to offer, i’m talking about the launch before the new rtx 3000 series gaming card, when nvidia first announced ampere, now if nvidia can closed the deal, nvidia can make their own cpu and use them in their products, add new features and probably create their own line of computer just like they did with the rtx studio laptops

what i think nvidia wants to do is create a gaming console, possibilities are endless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back