Contribute
Register

What is the impact on Apple if NVIDIA were to buy ARM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used my iPhone 6plus for 3 years when I got my X I gave the 6 to my little sister she used it for another 2 years. so it was 5 years when she upgraded from it. I only upgraded it because it was so big and the X was offering the same size screen in a smaller package. I am currently still using my X going on three years now and will use it till it does not work anymore. It has had the screen replaced once and the battery still seems to hold a charge the same as it always did. I do not use my phone for the same intensive tasks as the M1 might be used for but I only keep my computers for about 3 years anyway.

As I noted in another post somewhere I am in a peculiar place right now with upgrades because I do not think SOC is where I need it to be but for a first offering, it is very close. Had they gone with 32gigs of memory and got at least Vega 64 level GPU or allowed for EGPU I might have had some cake. However, that would have only been a sidegrade. Hoping they get the GPU sorted later this year. @ 699 for the base model mac mini that is cheaper than an iPhone unless you count the SE but I do not.
The M1 Mac mini is on my short list. Just the 256GB model. The 512GB model at $200 is GB robbery IMO. Even NVME SSDs are going at about 14 cents a GB. Apple is charging about 80 cents per GB. Must be some special memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back