Contribute
Register

what is the default life cycles for an ssd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 450 G1
CPU
i5 4200M
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
i have an ssd for 6 months now and i has found that there is alot not to do with ssd

do not wipe ssd
do not defragment ssd
and do not write files over and over !!!

1- is this information true ? and if so ..

2- Can you tell me what should i do to take car my ssd on mac and win7

An SSD *can* be erased, but should only be done where needed. This is known as a secure flash erase, and in some cases can be an 'enhanced' version. Some manufacturers provide software to enable you to do this, others do not, in which case you can use more generic software to achieve the same thing.

It is commonly reported that flash erasing an SSD will reset it to near new state, and can help if you experience slowdowns.

However, just because you can, does not necessarily mean you should. It is for you to decide, depending on the state and performance of your SSD. And of course, always remember to backup your important stuff first.

Trying to erase an SSD the old fashioned way, by writing each block multiple times, is what you should avoid. This will do it no favours.

And if anyone reading this has an original Apple SSD, do not under any circumstances attempt an enhanced secure flash erase; it WILL brick your drive completely. A non-enhanced erase will work though.

Another thing is to not fill the SSD to the extent where its completely full that will kill it off pretty much. It causes freezes also.

this help me :)
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back