Contribute
Register

What is different between /System/Library/Extensions & /Library/Extensions??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe for your collection of kexts. Injecting from the Clover kexts folder has the advantage of kexts being maintainable irrespective of the contents of the kext cache, CSR flags and accessible from any system with access to the Clover folder.

Not recommended.
There are a lot of kexts that don't work properly when injected (I see an example *every day*)

Best to install all kexts to /L/E where they can be properly placed in kernel cache.

Not recommended.
There are a lot of kexts that don't work properly when injected (I see an example *every day*)

Best to install all kexts to /L/E where they can be properly placed in kernel cache.
Ok

Let me revive this old thread for a second.

I did install all my kexts in /L/E on my Main Partition and frequently create a carbon copy of this system to my Backup Partition (including EFI).

Since i had some hickups in my Main Partition i booted into the Backup Partition and would like to change the EFI and Kexts in the /L/E of the Main Partition from there.

But i reckon this will cause problems, since i can not rebuilt the kextcache via sudo kextcache -i /.
Is there a way to handle this?

best practise advice would be appreciated.
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back