Contribute
Register

What is compatible Mac OS to my hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bde

Motherboard
Asus P7H55 m-pro
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
GT 430
Hi, I'm new here and glad to join with tonymac. My hardware are,
Intel® Socket 1156, Asus P7H55 m-pro,i5 Processor/Core™ CPU 760
8 GB, DDR3 2133(O.C.)*/1333/1066 Memory, and nvidia geforce gt 430 graphics.
My question is, what is the best MacOS to start with. Any reply much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I'm new here and glad to join with tonymac. My hardware are,
Intel® Socket 1156, Asus P7H55 m-pro,i5 Processor/Core™ CPU 760
8 GB, DDR3 2133(O.C.)*/1333/1066 Memory, and nvidia geforce gt 430 graphics.
My question is, what is the best MacOS to start with. Any reply much appreciated. Thanks.

Your graphics card does not support Metal so you can't run the latest versions of MacOS.

I believe the latest version you can try is MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Thanks a lot on your suggestion. I will try.

Hi Jamesbond007,
I was able to installed Mojave on my hackintosh like graphics and networks is working. My problem is I don't have audio. Please help and thanks in advance.

Hi Jamesbond007,
I was able to installed Mojave on my hackintosh like graphics and networks is working. My problem is I don't have audio. Please help and thanks in advance.

You are running Mojave on your system with working graphics? That's news to me. Are you certain you have a GT430? Because with a GT430 you may not be able to install Mojave, and in case you are able to do that (as apparently in your case) you will still have problems with any applications that require graphics acceleration.

Did you use this legacy video patch?

Hi Jamesbond007,
Just to let you know that my audio is working now and feel free to see my attached files to my build. Any comments or suggestions? I don't know but it looks like I am happy this time what I got on my system. I might build another one this year with the latest hardware. If you don't mind I might copy your build on your hardware since yours I think it's working fine and that if I encountered any problems I can ask you. Thank you so much for your input and I'm looking forward for any helps and ideas.

Attachments

• MacOs Mojave 2.18.mb
    4 KB · Views: 68
Hi Jamesbond007,

Just to let you know that my audio is working now and feel free to see my attached files to my build. Any comments or suggestions? I don't know but it looks like I am happy this time what I got on my system. I might build another one this year with the latest hardware. If you don't mind I might copy your build on your hardware since yours I think it's working fine and that if I encountered any problems I can ask you. Thank you so much for your input and I'm looking forward for any helps and ideas.

Of course I don't mind if you want to copy my build. It is entirely your choice to use whatever hardware you want, right?

If you want to copy my current build, just note that you can use any 9th generation i3/i5/i7/i9 CPU and it will be compatible with Mojave. Choose a CPU that suits you and your budget. At present I run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra 10.13.6 / Mojave 10.14.6 on my current system.

Hi Jamesbond it's me again. I have a question because I'm slow on hardware. If I upgrade my gpu from nvidia geforce gt 430 to like yours rx 580 with my existing cpu and mobo, do you think it will work with mojave and catalina? Thanks in advance.

Hi Jamesbond it's me again. I have a question because I'm slow on hardware. If I upgrade my gpu from nvidia geforce gt 430 to like yours rx 580 with my existing cpu and mobo, do you think it will work with mojave and catalina? Thanks in advance.

Yes, with a RX 580 your system should work with Mojave and Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back