Contribute
Register

what is "busy timeout[0], (60s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPIPlatformExpert'"

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Clover and the IOreg files are in in the zip and the terminal output's are there in the quotes I don't believe I have missed anything

I have clarified my problem above now.

Your kextcache shows serious problems with the kexts you installed.
Also, you have InjectKexts=Yes with duplicate kexts of those already installed to the system volume.
Also, wrong kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (kext injection is only for "essential" kexts)

Read guide, post #2, for correct kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also:
- MacBookPro11,2 should not be used (use MacBookPro11,1)
- not possible to verify your patched ACPI since the file timestamps in ACPI/origin vs. ACPI/patched are not believable
- USB WiFi not recommended
- USB is not implemented correctly (wrong UsbConnector values)
- wrong content in drivers64UEFI
- SIP not disabled correctly (CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67, not 0x3)

Your kextcache shows serious problems with the kexts you installed.
Also, you have InjectKexts=Yes with duplicate kexts of those already installed to the system volume.
Also, wrong kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (kext injection is only for "essential" kexts)

Read guide, post #2, for correct kext installation procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also:
- MacBookPro11,2 should not be used (use MacBookPro11,1)
- not possible to verify your patched ACPI since the file timestamps in ACPI/origin vs. ACPI/patched are not believable
- USB WiFi not recommended
- USB is not implemented correctly (wrong UsbConnector values)
- wrong content in drivers64UEFI
- SIP not disabled correctly (CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67, not 0x3)

I have changed it to InjectKexts=Detect .
Which kexts should I remove? I don't know which kexts to remove from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as I had followed these guides without prior knowledge to hackintoshing on laptops.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/320723-asus-x550ldv-mac-os-x-guide-uefi-clover/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-x550ldv-dual-boot.177025/
(expect for the audio part, I used a patched AppleHDA and it works fine.) (following these guides I have managed to get pretty much everything working.)

-MacBookPro11,2 is what the guide told me to use, and I'm worried that changing my config.efi to the MacBookPro11,1 SMBIOS might cause problems with my appleid which I have already signed in to this machine. Things seem to be working fine with just the MacBookPro 11,2 SMBIOS however, may I proceed with just using the MacBookPro11,2 SMBIOS?
-I believe the timestamps are like that because I pressed f4 once again after I had installed the patched ACPI. (I'm not sure though.)
-I haven't ordered a Broadcom wifi card yet and I'm using USB wifi in the meantime.
-How do I implement USB correctly? USB seems to be working fine so far.
-what is wrong in the drivers64UEFI? What should I remove and what should I replace them with
-How do I go about disabling the SIP properly? Is that in the DSDT?

Will fixing these things fix the slow boot times, and will fixing these things help give me a smoother more reliable Hackintosh experience? Thank you! :)

I have changed it to InjectKexts=Detect
Which kexts should I remove? I don't know which kexts to remove from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as I had followed these guides without prior knowledge to hackintoshing on laptops.

Only "essential" kexts should be on EFI/Clover/kexts.
It is covered in the guide, previously linked...

-MacBookPro11,2 is what the guide told me to use, and I'm worried that changing my config.efi to the MacBookPro11,1 SMBIOS

I already commented on your poor SMBIOS choice.

-I believe the timestamps are like that because I pressed f4 once again after I had installed the patched ACPI. (I'm not sure though.)

All the timestamps are the same. I expect ACPI/origin to be newer than ACPI/patched (due to new extract with F4, as per "Problem Reporting" procedures).

For some reason, your method of creating the ZIP is resetting all the timestamps...

-How do I implement USB correctly? USB seems to be working fine so far.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

-what is wrong in the drivers64UEFI? What should I remove and what should I replace them with

Correct content is shown in my Clover laptop guide...

-How do I go about disabling the SIP properly? Is that in the DSDT?

Correct config.plist setting already mentioned.

Will fixing these things fix the slow boot times, and will fixing these things help give me a smoother more reliable Hackintosh experience? Thank you! :)

No idea. Fixing kernel cache should be your first priority...
I didn't compare ACPI as I couldn't be sure your ACPI/origin files are a current extract...

Only "essential" kexts should be on EFI/Clover/kexts.
It is covered in the guide, previously linked...

I already commented on your poor SMBIOS choice.

All the timestamps are the same. I expect ACPI/origin to be newer than ACPI/patched (due to new extract with F4, as per "Problem Reporting" procedures).

For some reason, your method of creating the ZIP is resetting all the timestamps...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Correct content is shown in my Clover laptop guide...

Correct config.plist setting already mentioned.

No idea. Fixing kernel cache should be your first priority...
I didn't compare ACPI as I couldn't be sure your ACPI/origin files are a current extract...

Okay I have changed most of these except
-SMBIOS
-USBInjectAll stuff
-drivers64UEFI stuff

Will changing SMBIOS destroy anything? Might it cause problems with my appleid, iCloud, etc.? I'm worried that it might which is why I haven't done anything yet.

I see the drivers64UEFI that I need in the clover laptop guide, but I don't understand, am I supposed to delete everything in there EXCEPT those shown in the "your driver64uefi folder should look like this"?

USBInjectAll stuff I'll try to get to that after I sort out this ACPI issue I'm having.
I'll try updating the ACPI/origin by pressing f4 again at the clover menu. I'll update the original post with my new EFI folder. Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Okay I have changed most of these except
-SMBIOS
-USBInjectAll stuff
-drivers64UEFI stuff

Will changing SMBIOS destroy anything? Might it cause problems with my appleid, iCloud, etc.? I'm worried that it might which is why I haven't done anything yet.

I see the drivers64UEFI that I need in the clover laptop guide, but I don't understand, am I supposed to delete everything in there EXCEPT those shown in the "your driver64uefi folder should look like this"?

USBInjectAll stuff I'll try to get to that after I sort out this ACPI issue I'm having.
I'll try updating the ACPI/origin by pressing f4 again at the clover menu. I'll update the original post with my new EFI folder. Thank you! :)

updated post. forgot to include something. updated original post too.

No one can predict the future.

I meant to ask if changing SMBIOS in the middle of an already kind of "working" Hackintosh is known to cause problems. My bad. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back