Contribute
Register

What is Best Vega 64 for Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Asus Strix also is probably ok, I think the main issue is the 6 ports are not getting injected correctly so if the Asus has only 4 ports it should work with WEG. I really feel your issue is largely due to the 6 port configuration on the video card. But since they are both exchange possibilities are Vega 56 I would take the MSI since it is reference card.

Agree. Always try to stick to "reference" port layout to avoid problems.

584912-amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-display-ports.jpg

OK, it seems like i'm going to change it for the MSI Vega 56 AirBoost, thank you guys for helping me i really appreciate it, i'm in a hackintosh discord and only like 2 guys tried to help. You guys are the best! :headbang:

Hi again Happy Holidays to you all!.
The seller fully refunded me and i'm thinking about buying a RX 580 8gb Powercolor Red Dragon, do you think it will work ok with catalina/mojave?

It has 1 DVI, 3 DP and 1 HDMI ports.

That extra dvi port might cause issues.
Well i bought it (The PowerColor RX 580 8GB Red Devil for $160 USD) and were able to install Mojave with only 2 DP ports working (it has 3 DP, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI), do you know how can i get them all to work?

Well i bought it (The PowerColor RX 580 8GB Red Devil for $160 USD) and were able to install Mojave with only 2 DP ports working (it has 3 DP, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI), do you know how can i get them all to work?

Install lilu and whatevergreen

Already did that and same problem

No idea then! Like I said before you bought the card, "the extra DVI port might cause issues." I would look for a post on the forum where they are using your card and find out if they got all of the ports active. Maybe you can use Hackintool to create some kind of SSDT for you card but that is well above my ability. I did/do my best to buy hardware I know is going to work.

No idea then! Like I said before you bought the card, "the extra DVI port might cause issues." I would look for a post on the forum where they are using your card and find out if they got all of the ports active. Maybe you can use Hackintool to create some kind of SSDT for you card but that is well above my ability. I did/do my best to buy hardware I know is going to work.

Finally can use 3 monitors!!!!
What i did is that i replaced my i7 2700k and old asus mobo (legacy boot) for an i3 9100f and a z390 msi mobo (uefi boot) and the rx 580 is working really nice now!

Even the dvi port is working!! finally!

So at the end i think the problem was the legacy boot (and the lack of uefi features) of my old mobo, in WEG documentation i read about legacy boot causing problems with multimonitor and it indeed was the problem.

Thank you all for your help!

Hey all, I have my build working perfectly with the Sapphire RX 580 (i7/Catalina). I'm interested in upgrading to a Vega 56 or 64 and I have a couple questions (sorry, I'm VERY new to all of this and still trying to wrap my head around it all).

1. Am I going to need to make any modifications to my EFI files, or should this be a simple plug and play change?
2. For connecting to a 4K TV that supports 4:4:4 60FPS, would I be better off using a DP -> HDMI cable?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back