Contribute
Register

What is Best Vega 64 for Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your problem is port configuration not the Vega support or even driver. WEG normally resolves that unless you have abnormal port configuration such as yourself. I discovered in my time trouble shooting my system that if you use Mac Pro 2013 SM all the ports are enabled at least on my cards without WEG.
Tried with that SMBIOS alongside WEG and -raddvi bootflag with injectati and the other radeoninitsomething checked in my plist and same result.

Tried with that SMBIOS alongside WEG and -raddvi bootflag with injectati and the other radeoninitsomething checked in my plist and same result.

Did you test it without WEG? Without inject or any boot flags. It should just work that way however you lose HEVC hardware encoding/deciding.

Did you test it without WEG? Without inject or any boot flags. It should just work that way however you lose HEVC hardware encoding/deciding.
I haven't tried that ATM

Just tried it, same result as before.

Just tried it, same result as before.

Every time you change something are you rebooting a few times before deciding it does not work? The OS can cache stuff and even though you updated files it could still be loading Old setting. But it appears like you are going to need a custom SSDT to properly inject the ports on your card. Alternatively you can try and return and get a sapphire card or a Reference card. In my first post on this thread you will see that I also had issues with the gigabyte though I do not remember having issues with the ports. @pastrychef might tell you that your cables could be the issue.

Dell Monitor 60Hz 1920 x 1200 through DP to DVI adapter
Yeyian Monitor 165Hz 1920 x 1080 through DP
Asus Monitor 60Hz 1920 x 1080 through HDMI

I have been able to boot to mojave only using the Dell monitor with the middle DP port (the card has 3 dp ports and 3 hdmi ports)

These resolutions should not be a problem. The only time I have problems with HDMI is on 4K@60Hz.

Every time you change something are you rebooting a few times before deciding it does not work? The OS can cache stuff and even though you updated files it could still be loading Old setting. But it appears like you are going to need a custom SSDT to properly inject the ports on your card. Alternatively you can try and return and get a sapphire card or a Reference card. In my first post on this thread you will see that I also had issues with the gigabyte though I do not remember having issues with the ports. @pastrychef might tell you that your cables could be the issue.
I bought it second hand from an online seller, in windows the card just works fine i don't know if i can return it.

How can i get that custom SSDT?

Talked to the seller maybe i can change it for a Vega 56 Asus Strix or a MSI Vega 56 Air Boost OC, which one should i choose?

Last edited:
I bought it second hand from an online seller, in windows the card just works fine i don't know if i can return it.

Looks like you checked with the seller!

How can i get that custom SSDT?

No Idea that is beyond my abilities.

Talked to the seller maybe i can change it for a Vega 56 Asus Strix or a MSI Vega 56 Air Boost OC, which one should i choose?

I have an MSI Vega 56 Air boots OC I had three monitors plugged into it before I upgraded to the 64. 2 @4k over DP and one 1080 DP ---> HDMI.

The Asus Strix also is probably ok, I think the main issue is the 6 ports are not getting injected correctly so if the Asus has only 4 ports it should work with WEG. I really feel your issue is largely due to the 6 port configuration on the video card. But since they are both exchange possibilities are Vega 56 I would take the MSI since it is reference card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back