Contribute
Register

What is Best Vega 64 for Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sapphire RX Vega 64 (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202326) - it crashes randomly, usually under no load, I can run Luxmark for 30 minutes doing a stress test and it's fine. OSX loses connection to the graphics card and cannot restart it, screens goes black, I can still SSH into the machine and sync/reboot manually.

I've replaced my Seasonic 650W Titanium with a Seasonic 850W Titanium, taking care to use separate PCI-e cables for the card, still crashes.

Sometimes it can happen many times in a row, shortly after every reboot, I've even seen it happen in the BIOS. I RMAd the card and just received the replacement today, the same thing still happens. Incredibly frustrating!

My old PowerColor RX580 was rock solid.

did the bios update fix it in the end? i have a similar issue with random restarts during video editing with the Sapphire vega64 nitro+

i'm given up on this hack cuz of the random restarts even though i want it to work!!

did the bios update fix it in the end? i have a similar issue with random restarts during video editing with the Sapphire vega64 nitro+

i'm given up on this hack cuz of the random restarts even though i want it to work!!

I did not have that card but I had another one and I was plagued with random crashes and restarts... One person said they flipped the switch on the card and it fixed their issues. I am not sure of your config but I fixed the random restarts by choosing the clock speed for the memory manually. instead of using XMP.

I, too, have the Sapphire Radeon Rx Vega 64 card in a triple-monitor setup. I can only get two of the three display ports to work. The third display port goes black after getting to the mac desktop. If I use the HDMI port I can get triple monitors but I need the HDMI port for my Oculus Rift under windows (I have a dual-boot system). I have tried all the suggestions in this post but still no joy. Any thoughts? My EFI folder with the config.plist is attached. Thanks.

My build:
MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake
Sapphire Radeon Rx Vega 64 8gb
High Sierra 10.13.6
32gb DDR4 3200 mhz
750w Corsair power supply

Last edited:
Only the Gigabyte Vega 64 Gaming OC is available in my area.

Has the issues with this GPU have been fixed in the latest Mojave?
I'm using this GPU on Mojave with no issues.

I have XFX Vega64 reference card mod to LC version. Work fine OSX10.4.6.

Attachments

• B752A6C1-C43D-40AF-A3E5-45B4960B0E2E.jpeg
    B752A6C1-C43D-40AF-A3E5-45B4960B0E2E.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 124
Only the Gigabyte Vega 64 Gaming OC is available in my area.

Has the issues with this GPU have been fixed in the latest Mojave?

I had one I think it was a bad card, or maybe it wasn't either way it should work fine. If not you could likely flash the bios to the bios of a card that you know works. That would likely resolve any issues if there were any. However, you do that at your own risk.

i have this card, could't boot to catalina install yet, gonna try mojave

I'm using this GPU on Mojave with no issues.
I just bought the same card and could install in mojave but can only use 1 monitor (have 3) connected to the middle DP and the other ones just display like a fragment of the screen, what can i do to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_20191220_022437.jpg
    IMG_20191220_022437.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back