Contribute
Register

What is Best Vega 64 for Hackintosh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to hear that the card is working without crashes. I think should also run a fair bit cooler.

Guess I should have just blamed the card from the start I just always have a hard time believing new hardware is broken.

Has anybody tried Rx Vega 64 8GB with Mojave?

I have a Sapphire RX Vega 64 (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202326) - it crashes randomly, usually under no load, I can run Luxmark for 30 minutes doing a stress test and it's fine. OSX loses connection to the graphics card and cannot restart it, screens goes black, I can still SSH into the machine and sync/reboot manually.

I've replaced my Seasonic 650W Titanium with a Seasonic 850W Titanium, taking care to use separate PCI-e cables for the card, still crashes.

Sometimes it can happen many times in a row, shortly after every reboot, I've even seen it happen in the BIOS. I RMAd the card and just received the replacement today, the same thing still happens. Incredibly frustrating!

My old PowerColor RX580 was rock solid.

OSX loses connection to the graphics card and cannot restart it, screens goes black, I can still SSH into the machine and sync/reboot manually.

Yea I have this problem also but there are load of people that do not. If it is happening at the bios though that has nothing to do with the OS or Hackintosh.

Yea I have this problem also but there are load of people that do not. If it is happening at the bios though that has nothing to do with the OS or Hackintosh.

I've been wondering the same, I looked last night, I have version 8892 which I believe is the latest BIOS. I'm tempted to flash to an earlier version.

First I'm trying something else though, removing the soft PowerPlay table that I was injecting (created with VGTab) ... and enduring the constant fan :) This may be another factor too ... something with the lower/idle power state, since it usually crashes when not under load. Going 16 hours so far without a crash...

I've been wondering the same, I looked last night, I have version 8892 which I believe is the latest BIOS. I'm tempted to flash to an earlier version.

First I'm trying something else though, removing the soft PowerPlay table that I was injecting (created with VGTab) ... and enduring the constant fan :) This may be another factor too ... something with the lower/idle power state, since it usually crashes when not under load. Going 16 hours so far without a crash...
Hello! I have the Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 and I appear to be having the same issue. That is, it's actually stable if I don't use VGTab. Which is bizarre seeing as how I can change power states just fine in Windows.

But something I did notice is that in Windows it won't let me set up different power states for the memory (VGTab does) and it also won't let me set the lowest power state for the GPU itself. I strongly suspect it's because this card manages power states slightly differently from other Vegas, in a way that VGTab isn't compatible with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back